Talk

Advanced search

Weigh in

(7 Posts)
MargotFenring Sat 07-Jan-17 19:29:56

Every time I have done a weekly weigh in on other weight loss missions, I have always done this first thing in the morning, after a wee, before eating/drinking anything.

The amount of fluid and food you consume in a day fluctuates in actual weight terms. Does anyone find this impacts?

I have found that a large cuppa can add a pound and a half and even whether or not I have been to the loo impacts. Sometimes quite significantly.

What do people do on weigh in days? Especially an evening group. Mine is at 7:30, so will have three meals and 6-8 drinks inside me by that time.

tabulahrasa Sat 07-Jan-17 19:30:56

But surely you'd have 6-8 drinks inside you every week?

MargotFenring Sat 07-Jan-17 20:51:06

I guess. I always thought that was why you weighed yourself in the morning, so you are as empty as possible. I may have some unlearning to do.

Blankiefan Sat 07-Jan-17 21:16:14

You just have to look at the variance, the actual amount being a few pounds up in evening vs morning doesn't really make any difference.

although I consider my morning naked, post-poo weight to be the real one

MargotFenring Sat 07-Jan-17 21:31:31

Okay, well I think I will have a cheeky morning personal weigh in, just in case wink

harderandharder2breathe Sun 08-Jan-17 11:41:13

I think if you do the same every week the difference will be the same whether it's first thing or evening

I always do it first thing though but I do online not group

DanielCraigsUnderpants Wed 11-Jan-17 11:47:10

I do a morning weigh in on my scales at home so I'm not surprised when I get to group. Yes you're heavier in the evening but its the pounds lost that count not the actual figure on the scales if you see what i mean

And yes, i consider my morning weight to be my "real" weight too blankiefan

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now