Talk

Advanced search

What do you eat for lunch?

(15 Posts)
ExcellentWorkThereMary Sat 07-Jan-17 17:16:53

SW newbie here! I'm in need of lunch ideas which don't use B choice (as I have that for breakfast) and isn't pasta because I am getting bored with pasta...! And that can be prepared in advance as I have about 20mins between getting in from work and having to go and do school run.

Inspire me please!

EvaSthlm Sat 07-Jan-17 17:18:22

What about soup? Two minutes in a microwave oven.

ExplodingCarrots Sat 07-Jan-17 17:22:50

I always enjoy frittata or an omelette.

ExplodingCarrots Sat 07-Jan-17 17:23:28

Frittata can be made in advance and can be served hot or cold then.

fuzzyfozzy Sat 07-Jan-17 17:23:48

I fried some thin steak in fajita seasoning then chucked in some red pepper. I added my cheese at the end. Lovely

CustardLover Sat 07-Jan-17 17:27:26

I find it really hard to get good lunches too so watching for advice. The best take away I had was the Pret Tuns Niçoise salad but that gets pricy quickly.

ExcellentWorkThereMary Sat 07-Jan-17 17:29:10

Ooh soup is a good idea. And I will look up how to make frittata! (I don't even know what it is! Google will help!)

Drquin Sat 07-Jan-17 17:29:29

Baked potato in the oven the night before, then heated up in microwave at work .... with whatever filling / veg / salad.

Couscous with roasted veg. Make a batch, lasts a few days. Lovely cold.

ExcellentWorkThereMary Sat 07-Jan-17 17:40:49

custardlover my favourite find was in Boots they sometimes reduce their lunch stuff to really cheap towards the end of the day, I bought two of their shapers sushi packs for 50p each and the app tells me they are 1.5 syns per pack. That was my favourite lunch ever!!

I also love subway salads but I can't afford that every day! I could probably recreate it myself too.

loveisagirlnameddaisy Sat 07-Jan-17 17:52:29

Roasted veg with sun dried tomato couscous (the latter is in a packet from Tesco). Veg easy to do in advance for two or three portions. Serve with big bowl of green leaves and spring onions/cucumber.

Jenniferb21 Thu 12-Jan-17 15:21:57

I have made big batches of free meals to pop them in the freezer and put in the microwave when I want them. For instance Diet Coke chicken, any SW soup recipe, spag Bol any pasta SW recipes their website has so many ideas

I feel eating proper hot meals at lunch fills me up more and ensures I don't use too many Syns snacking through the day.

Good luck x

startagainagain Wed 18-Jan-17 18:59:54

I batch cook soups and freeze (pea and ham/fennel and pea/carrot and lentil).

Mini crustless quiches (make in muffin tray) last in the fridge...put fat free cottage cheese and veg and or salmon in them (also good to snack on)

Trays of roasted veg and then if I have salmon at night, cook 2 and save for lunch. Can chuck cous cous in too?

I have cooked a tray of butternut squash with chilli fry light and garlic, roasted then put flat in freezer then into little bags, and have got leftover chicken from roast also frozen, add to salad...I get bored easily!

Tuna salad with canellini beans and salady bits, they fill you up rather than pots.

If I'm at home could live on poached eggs (have spent ages perfecting method!) or scrambled with smoked salmon (buy on offer and freeze in portions).

Thingymaboob Wed 18-Jan-17 19:06:38

I make roasted veg & cous cous on Sunday. It does take about an hour but it lasts Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday. On Wednesday night i make a 4 egg frittata with veg which I have with salad on Thursday and Friday.

Bibs2014 Wed 18-Jan-17 19:54:12

Microwave rice/quinoa
Flavoured cooked chicken you get in packets
Jamie Oliver Dahl
Salad
Mugshots
Naked Noodle pots

Groovee Wed 18-Jan-17 21:53:09

When I'm working it's been turkey with lettuce, cucumber, radish and carrot, melon and strawberries, Danone light and free yoghurt.

At home I have had noodles, salads, soup, cooked breakfast. Rice salad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now