Talk

Advanced search

To syn or not to syn

(7 Posts)
peepee19 Wed 04-Jan-17 15:47:57

Hi all, one of my slimming world friends has advised that you should use your syns as it helps your weight loss. Could someone help me out please as I have not been using mine due to the fact that I want to speed up my weight loss. I have been trying to exercise and also eat a piece of fruit after each meal as iv been told that also speeds up you metabolism?

Any help is much appreciated 😁

ALemonyPea Wed 04-Jan-17 15:49:05

You should have at least 10 of your syns a day, I use mo of mine and have managed to lose almost six stone since April.

Sparkesx Wed 04-Jan-17 15:49:47

Yes, I have a minimum of 5 syns a day which can be a small chocolate or carrot sticks and say hummus for example. I usually try and stick to something healthier even if it does have syns. It really works!

ChessieFL Wed 04-Jan-17 15:50:49

Your Syns are part of the plan and should be used - if you don't you're unlikely to be able to stick to it for long. Build them into your meals (e.g. add some cheese or oil) if you don't want to have snacks. Lots of people say they lose more weight when they have their Syns.

NeverGoOutOfStyle Wed 04-Jan-17 15:52:48

I always found I lost more if I used my syns than not, but that it was better if I used my spent my syns a few throughout the day rather than save them and eat 15 syns worth of chocolate.

peepee19 Wed 04-Jan-17 18:25:15

Thank you guys! Feeling positive xx

Blankiefan Wed 04-Jan-17 19:05:04

Just to buck the trend, I don't usually eat my syns and if I do, maybe only one or two days worth a week (sometimes all at once - eg for a night out). Controversially I also don't always eat both of my hex a and b's every day (probably evens out at about 75% across the week)

I've lost 3 stone in 15 weeks. Another 3-4 stones to go.

I do still lose if I follow the plan "properly" (eating syns and all hex's) but more like 1-1.5 pounds a week rather than 3 or 4 a week if I do it my way. I am conscious tho that it is a stricter way of eating and more "diety" which could make it less sustainable but whilst the going's good, I'm sticking with it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now