Talk

Advanced search

Balsamic glaze / salad dressings

(11 Posts)
Thingymaboob Tue 03-Jan-17 21:42:56

I know balsamic vinegar is free but I love a little drizzle of that thicker balsamic glaze on my salad. Any idea of syns?
Which other dressings do people like? What syns are they?

ScarlettInSpace Wed 04-Jan-17 06:39:14

I always used to mix balsamic vinegar, salt & pepper with olive oil to dress salad but now I mix it with the Heinz fat free salad dressing, tastes about the same and a nice enough consistency too.

dannyglick Wed 04-Jan-17 11:22:31

I use Hellmanns Fat Free Vinaigrette Dressing (syn-free).
Also like a tbsp extra light mayo mixed with a tbsp tomato ketchup for a seafood salad.
If the dressing of your choice is not syn-free, you can syn it by just checking the calories per tbsp, and counting 1 syn per 20 calories.

Thingymaboob Wed 04-Jan-17 12:42:50

42 calories per tbs so just over 2 syns. Prob don't use a whole tablespoon so between 1-2 syns. Worth it in my opinion as makes a boring salad really nice. Thanks for advice!

Chelsea26 Wed 04-Jan-17 18:20:43

If you boil balsamic vinegar down it will thicken a bit. Don't know whether it will stay thick and nice in the fridge but maybe worth a try...

GasLightShining Wed 04-Jan-17 19:36:02

Scarlett Thank you for the suggestion. I have yet to find a decent shop bought dressing but will try this idea.

alibongo5 Thu 05-Jan-17 14:31:08

Completely off-topic but can't help asking Chelsea26 is that by any chance a reference to a certain JT? Or I'm probably making a fool of myself and it's simply your name!

Thingymaboob Thu 05-Jan-17 14:38:56

smileJustin timberlake?

Chelsea26 Sat 07-Jan-17 07:40:08

Sorry just seen this @alibongo5 yes it's JT - Captain Fantastic! grin

alibongo5 Sat 07-Jan-17 10:20:18

@Chelsea26 ( Is that how you tag someone?)

Love him! I think I may cry at the end of the season. I hope I can make it to the last game.

Chelsea26 Sat 07-Jan-17 14:18:14

@alibongo5 I'll definitely cry! He's my hero

He'll be back though I reckon - couple of seasons in china and then back to us on coaching staff

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now