Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Looking to do slimming world but allergic to eggs

(8 Posts)
Groovee Mon 02-Jan-17 13:46:21

I lost 3.5st on Slimming world away back in 2005. It was the days of red and green and mix and match.

But I struggled some times due to a lot of the recipes having eggs. Looked at the online 7 day menu planner and there is still a lot of eggs in it for me.

Instead of scrambled egg on toast could I do beans and mushrooms? Are there any other substitutions? I struggle with red meat, peppers and citrus too as it's causing reflux and I am awaiting an endoscopy.

Just found out the class I planned to join this week is a weigh and go so will join next week instead.

Thanks for any help.

Drquin Mon 02-Jan-17 13:54:11

Oh god no, it's not all about eggs grin
I did have scrambled eggs, along with smoked salmon & cheese on brown roll for lunch though!

Seriously, you'll get on just fine if eggs are your only dietary concern smile

Drquin Mon 02-Jan-17 13:56:31

And no worries about the red meat / peppers / citrus.
I eat more chicken than red meat (always did).
Peppers I've always found devil, but will add them to a lasagne tonight when cut up small!
Citrus .... plenty other fruit & veg you could go for.

There's apparently a joining coupon in today's Daily Mirror if you need it.

Leslieknope45 Mon 02-Jan-17 13:59:30

I barely ever eat eggs on SW so you'd be completely fine.

iklboo Mon 02-Jan-17 14:08:21

I rarely eat eggs either. If i do it's only the yolk (can't stand the texture of cooked egg white).

Beans and / or mushrooms on toast is fine. I love mushrooms on toast with herbs & smoked salt.

Groovee Mon 02-Jan-17 14:11:21

Fab thank you.

Apparently if I join and buy a count down it is free membership. A countdown will kick my behind.

Just fed up off how limited my diet has become. Salt is an aggravating factor too.

What about soups, are stock cubes still synned?

Drquin Mon 02-Jan-17 14:13:25

No, stock cubes are free ..... as are the stock pots, including the wine ones!

Groovee Mon 02-Jan-17 15:31:51

Brilliant. Will get the soup maker out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now