Talk

Advanced search

Confusion with syns and HEXS

(7 Posts)
shesaidhello1 Sat 31-Dec-16 15:36:44

I have recently come back to SW and had a question.

On days when you know you'll be having extra syns or a non SW meal, do you then still have your HEXs for the day?

Basically myself and DH have a weekly lunch at MILs and the food isn't really SW friendly. Now for my evening meal, I was just going to have a salad but then I remembered my HEXs. Should I still have those?

cece Sat 31-Dec-16 15:43:30

I have my HEXs regardless of other meals not sure whether you are supposed to or not....

ChickyDuck Sat 31-Dec-16 15:48:42

Won't there be any cheese/milk/cooked fruit/nuts etc in your lunch? I would think your HEXs would be covered no..?

ChickyDuck Sat 31-Dec-16 15:49:29

Or oil, bread etc...

shesaidhello1 Sat 31-Dec-16 16:03:56

Today we had rice, chicken, salad and chappatis. I come from an Indian background. I had some chicken and rice. Not the worst lunch but obviously not oil free or the way I would cook it. So no Hex's were covered in this meal.

Drquin Sat 31-Dec-16 16:34:33

Strictly speaking yes, you still have your HEX allowance for the day, even if you've gone over syns. The idea being you've had a balanced diet for the day still, albeit with a "few" extra syns.

In reality, just be sensible ...... if you get to the end of day, and you had a non-SW meal or bit of cake which used a little ad of syns.... but no HEX, don't shovel in some cheese just to tick a box grin

shesaidhello1 Sun 01-Jan-17 02:12:55

Thanks for your replies. Ended up having a slice of pizza with my salad so ruined the day completely anyway!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now