Talk

Advanced search

Hello... new and feeling awful!

(5 Posts)
beckyg123 Tue 15-Nov-16 13:17:07

Hi,
I re-joined slimming world last night and feel totally disgusted at myself (want to run hide under duvet with chocolate and crisps), have regained everything I lost and a few extra pounds! Could have just stood and cried on the scales...
I know its not going to help by comfort eating (been doing this for months in denial that I need to sort myself out). Nothing fits me, just feel like a big easter egg everywhere I go.

So thought I'd try something new by coming on here, maybe a bit of support and ideas will do the trick! A week between groups is just too long for me to remain focused, so easily distracted by everything else I think!

Just off to have a look around the threads and see what you guys are all doing...

pklme Tue 15-Nov-16 13:41:32

Just waving hello- I'm not in slimming world, but I have lost 2.5 stone and put it all back on again so I can sympathise. I haven't been brave enough to get on the scales yet, and I am doing some stressful things so it isn't the right time for me to sort it out, but I am standing where you are standing...

SeaDragon86 Tue 15-Nov-16 13:49:17

I also lost 3.5 stone with slimming world and it's all creeping back on. Weight loss isn't a race, or competition. If you are unhappy, you can lose it again in your own time. Be easy on yourself. I know how disappointing it is, as I too feel the same sometimes. But remember life comes first. Slow and steady wins the race. Think of how wonderful you felt when you initially lost it.

dannyglick Tue 15-Nov-16 14:45:24

Hello, becky.
Well done on re-joining SW: you are doing something positive to start feeling better about yourself.
Have a look at the Slimming World Support 9 thread on here, for lots of encouragement and helpful tips.

beckyg123 Tue 15-Nov-16 15:08:44

Thank you! I'm doing my best to turn things around today! Planning the week ahead and trying not to jump too far ahead, 24 hours in the plan and I expect to drop a dress size - heehee!
Just desperate to get that "in control" feeling back though.
Thank you dannyglick, I'll pop on the thread and say hi!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now