Keep going over my syns

(19 Posts)
user1472582572 Sat 12-Nov-16 18:23:06

I started a week or so ago properly at a group. I wasn't able to attend the meeting this week but I've weighed myself on my normal bathroom scales and going by them I've lost 2 pounds. Might be a difference in the scales though. I'm writing down everything in the A5 sheet diary in your newbie pack. I keep on going over my daily syns though. My weakness is chocolate, biscuits and cake with a mug of tea. I have depression and anxiety so emotional eating is a big problem. I also drink quite a lot of water and I'm making sure I'm drinking more. But still, I don't know how to curb my sweet cravings- any ideas?

GabbySolis Sat 12-Nov-16 19:04:25

I sometimes use my HE B choice as a piece of wholemeal toast and put a teaspoon of nutella on it - 1.5 syns. Good luck smile

ChessieFL Sat 12-Nov-16 19:13:49

Don't have them in the house, and try to avoid situations where you will be tempted to buy them.
Try the hi fi bars available in group - you can have 1 of the salted caramel ones as HEB or 2 of any of the light versions.

neonrainbow Sat 12-Nov-16 19:19:33

Those hi fi things are full of sugar. The problem with slimming world is it encourages high sugar, low nutritional value stuff like muller lights when actually it's healthier to have stuff like natural yoghurt.

griffinsss Sat 12-Nov-16 19:21:19

I have mini packs of jammie dodgers (4 mini in a packet) (4.5 SYNS) and mini packs of chocolate fingers (5 SYNS) as well as the low SYN no added sugar pots of jelly (can't remember the SYN value but I think it's 1 SYN). Also lots of fruit. Also fibre one 90 calorie brownies or lemon drizzle squares (4.5 SYNS each). You could eat jammie dodgers, choc fingers, a jelly and a brownie in one day and still be under your SYNS! I often don't have all of them as I like a could of syns for oils and suchlike but it's definitely doable! Also incease your carb intake!

I've been in exactly your situation (emotional eating and anxiety, sugar cravings). I know it and these are my go-to treats.

griffinsss Sat 12-Nov-16 19:23:28

If you want to cut sugar: just increase your intake of complex carbs (potatoes, sweet potatoes, whole grains, rice, pasta, etc). It won't make you gain weight if you keep your fats a little lower, and it's great for stopping sugar cravings in their tracks. But, my previous suggestions are great for just working out how to have treats in the slimming world plans!

iklboo Sat 12-Nov-16 19:26:06

I have a big bowl of fresh berries (or defrosted frozen) with 0% fat Greek yoghurt. Filling, speed food and tasty.

Make a 'trifle' with a sugar free jelly (0.5 syn), fresh fruit & yoghurt.

Low fat Ambrosia custard pots are 2.5 syns each & enough to pour over chopped banana.

Mikado biscuits are 1/2 syn each.

Sugar free jam is 1/2 syn per teaspoon.

Freeze grapes then suck them like boiled sweets

'Nude' (brand) popcorn in 2.5 syns per small bag

griffinsss Sat 12-Nov-16 20:49:25

I second the frozen grapes!!!

griffinsss Sat 12-Nov-16 20:49:40

Semi frozen bananas are great too

LavenderRains Sat 12-Nov-16 21:24:34

I made some slimming world sweeties featured on YouTube. Made with sugar free jelly, gelatine and yoghurt. Good for a sweet tooth. 2 syns per batch.

nottinghamgal Sun 13-Nov-16 21:27:51

Some people in my group make themselves goodie bags for each day with say 10 syns worth of treats for each day.

I just have to avoid

user1474320794 Tue 15-Nov-16 16:04:32

I've just mixed a sachet of cadburys highlight fudge with a vanilla muller light ( it tasted delicious) but put it in ice cubes and in the freezer for my treat later (2 syns) cant waitsmile

LavenderRains Tue 15-Nov-16 17:08:25

I tried freezing a toffee muller yogurt and it was vile. Very icy and tasted weird.
I've been making 'sundaes' with strawberries, yogurt and 2 mini meringues, crushed. 2 syns. Very nice.

user1474320794 Tue 15-Nov-16 21:29:43

Oh no! About to try it now, it tasted so good as it was wish I hadn't froze it!

LavenderRains Wed 16-Nov-16 04:43:17

How was it user147?

user1474320794 Wed 16-Nov-16 09:57:12

I mushed it back to a yogurt confused won't bother doing that again

Namechangingbastard Thu 17-Nov-16 17:54:43

I make the sugar free jelly in little pots so it's 1/2 a syn a pot and I top with mandarin segments and squirty cream! The low fat cream is about 1.5 syns for 12.5 gms

Rikalaily Tue 29-Nov-16 11:52:48

Make daily Syn bags, add whatever adds up to 15 syns and then you know you can have whatever is in there and can keep track easier. My faves are pink n whites 2.5 syns (marshmallow wafer thingies) Mikado sticks 0.5 syns each for the small ones. The mini majestic icecreams from Aldi 6-7 syns. Fun sized choc bars are fab, all under 5 syns.

My ultimate low syn dessert is 2 hifi bars/benefit bars (HEb) broken up in a bowl, add some chopped up fruit, banana, apple, grapes, strawberries etc, cover with fat free yogurt (my fave is coconut and vanilla). That is free. Sometimes I add a bit of squirty cream 0.5 syns for 2 lvl tbsp or 0.5 for 3 lvl tbsp if using the light one, and a drizzle of choc shot 2 syns per tbsp of the pain choc one.

StickyProblem Tue 29-Nov-16 11:57:10

SW is not "high sugar". It's a low sugar low fat diet, the products use chemical sweetener. The hifi bars are great. Also I stir frozen fruit through the eternal mullerlights.
Love the idea of the syns bag!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now