Talk

Advanced search

SW Online- a lot to lose & MH issues

(10 Posts)
user1472582572 Tue 25-Oct-16 18:01:00

Has anyone lost 6-9 stone doing Slimming World online? I've got a lot to lose but don't think the local group has an atmosphere I'd find comfortable. I have severe anxiety & depression so emotional eating is a big problem for me- has anyone else done Slimming World with these problems.

EverythingisOK123 Tue 25-Oct-16 19:43:38

I signed up tonight - ditto on a lot ot lose and emotional eating - nervous but excited - could tonight be the most I ever weigh ?

dannyglick Tue 25-Oct-16 20:38:57

OP, I wonder if there's another SW group within travelling distance for you, which you might feel is more suited to you.
You could contact the Consultant,by phone or e-mail, and explain your concerns: I'm sure they would reassure you.
Weight worries and emotional eating are common in my SW group and I expect it's the same elsewhere.
People in group are welcoming and non-judgemental as we're all there for the same reason.
Some people don't like to speak up too much, and the Consultant is always sensitive to their feelings.
Hope it all works out for you.

StickyProblem Tue 25-Oct-16 20:44:01

I joined Sw last week and was amazed at the supportive atmosphere of the group. I agree with pp, see if there's another group you could try. I also have around 6st to lose, there's no way I can do it on my own.
Good luck OP brew

WhoKnowsWhereTheTimeG0es Tue 25-Oct-16 20:50:17

I'm doing it online (can't get to a group) and am relying on the support thread on here as a substitute. I'm 5 weeks in and have not found the online version very helpful if I'm honest, I've learnt more from the thread here than the website. I would try and get to a group if you possibly can.

Nazia22 Tue 25-Oct-16 21:42:29

Hey im also a slimming world person. Joined the group few weeks back. Im starting my walks tmr.smile

interstellarcloudofdust Tue 25-Oct-16 21:52:53

I lost 9 stone after joining online in 2014. I only kept my membership for the initial 3 months, didn't bother renewing it after that as I knew what I was doing by then. The online tools are not worth the money once you've got to grips with the plan, IMO.

I put 2 stone back on after last xmas and was really struggling to get back on track so I joined a group in the summer to get my motivation back. I've met some lovely people at the group, I really enjoy it. And I'm almost back at target so it's working for me.

When I was at my heaviest, the though of joining a group filled me with dread but with hindsight, if I'd just had the courage to do it I know they would have been very welcoming.

Nazia22 Wed 26-Oct-16 00:32:31

Well im struggling atm. What motivates you ladies...

user1472582572 Fri 28-Oct-16 07:47:27

I'm not able to attend so group meeting. Can anyone respond who has just done it online and who has lost 5+ stone?

interstellarcloudofdust Fri 28-Oct-16 17:23:46

I lost 9 stone just doing it online. I'm in a group now, but the original 9 stone I lost was just done online. Well to be more accurate, I lost 9 stone in just over a year, the first 3 months I was an online member, the rest of the year I did it on my own.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now