We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone know what the 'big news' is this week?

(16 Posts)
zofranks Tue 11-Oct-16 09:34:54

We have all been messaged and told we need to stay for IT as the changes will potentially affect our weight loss.

Oh and it's taster week too smile

ohforfoxsake Tue 11-Oct-16 12:35:23

Is it that some of the Healthy Extra option B's have been changed? The sugary ones taken off the list and others, such as oats,, have been upped to 40g?

zofranks Tue 11-Oct-16 12:50:32

ooohhh I don't know - I hope not - my staple treat is my Alpen light bar!

dannyglick Tue 11-Oct-16 15:36:31

Yes, it's what fox says: some sugary cereals have been removed from the HEB list, and the amounts of the healthier ones increased.
Also, granulated sweetener is recommended to be synned if using more than a sprinkle ( half a syn per tablespoon).
In group yesterday, we were given a new page to insert in our food optimising book, with the amendments on.
People seemed pleased about the cereals (more porridge, etc), but the sweetener news was met with a stunned silence.

dannyglick Tue 11-Oct-16 15:38:21

Oh, and the Alpen Light is still okay.

ChessieFL Tue 11-Oct-16 19:40:23

It's almost certainly the sweetener thing. HEB changes as well but I think the sweetener will have a bigger impact on some people. My consultant says she knows of some people who will eat a whole half-syn roulade by themselves in a day.

Blankiefan Tue 11-Oct-16 19:57:41

Does anyone know if you can still have whole meal bread as your hexb? The leaflet didn't mention it and I didn't stay to the meeting.

dannyglick Tue 11-Oct-16 20:16:39

Blankie, yes, carry on with your wholemeal bread as normal.
HEB changes are just cereals: it's page 28 in your book that's been amended, and the other HEB pages stay the same.

Blankiefan Wed 12-Oct-16 06:20:05

Thanks danny

Hironsbirons Thu 13-Oct-16 10:36:45

No one mentioned this on Tuesday when I was there. Is there a new list somewhere?

ChessieFL Thu 13-Oct-16 12:51:15

At group last Saturday we were given a new insert for our books to replace page 28 (cereals) and on the back it had about the sweetener. I think there's something on the members' website in the news/features bit.

Namechangingbastard Mon 17-Oct-16 09:12:35

Chuffed here. I love oats so simple but it was huge amount of syns last time I looked, now it's a HEXB.

ChessieFL Mon 17-Oct-16 12:52:50

Make sure you're looking at the right one. Not all types are a HEB.

Namechangingbastard Mon 17-Oct-16 22:34:18

Yeah should probably specify it's only certain ones! I love the oats so simple multi grain honey! I'm also partial to a mini chocolate weetabix so win win!

Xmasfairy86 Tue 18-Oct-16 13:57:33

Is the original oats so simple hexb? Or is it only the multi grain ones?

Xmasfairy86 Tue 18-Oct-16 13:58:44

Ignore me. I've found it. Wasn't looking hard enough

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now