Talk

Advanced search

Best/Worst Takeaways on SW

(14 Posts)
HughLauriesStubble Fri 07-Oct-16 09:56:26

Dh and I usually treat ourselves to a takeaway every 7-10 days. We are thinking pizza tonight, which I know will probably have a million syns. I have been very good all week and won't have any syns today at all except the pizza. Then write it off and start fresh tomorrow.

How badly is this likely to affect me in the long run? Am I sabotaging myself? And which takeaways are the least bad offenders? Is there any point trying to count the syns or are you better off to just write it off and start fresh the next day?

iklboo Fri 07-Oct-16 09:58:19

Chinese can be pretty good. Chicken in oyster sauce is 6.5syns for an average 550g portion. Boiled rice is free.

RoseGoldHippie Fri 07-Oct-16 12:51:26

How many syns do you have to use per day? X

iklboo Fri 07-Oct-16 12:55:30

Rose - it's recommended you have between 5-15 syns a day.

Chewbecca Fri 07-Oct-16 12:58:28

Chicken kebab is usually a reasonable option.

RoseGoldHippie Fri 07-Oct-16 13:06:46

Yeah I meant if Hugh had any additional due to bmi etc

Dominos aren't too bad - between 6 and 8 per slice if thin and crispy! 2 slices (of low ones) and add a load of free salad and you will be able to enjoy without guilt!!!

Plus it will be cheaper! Bonus!

HughLauriesStubble Fri 07-Oct-16 13:17:43

I usually have between 10-15 syns per day.

Sorry, I forgot to mention I'm currently pregnant so only really need to maintain anyway. Thanks for the suggestions! I may opt for a chicken kebab instead grin

I normally wouldn't worry too much about it except I've been majorly off the wagon since finding out I'm expecting so need to get somewhat back on track to healthy eating.

dannyglick Mon 10-Oct-16 13:17:00

OP, I would say have the takeaway you want (pizza or whatever), and count it as a flexible syns day.
Keep in control and on track either side of that one meal for the rest of the week, still including your daily syns.
You will see on the scales what you can get away with.

InfiniteSheldon Tue 11-Oct-16 08:53:22

Anything but pizza! Chicken kebab is great so are tandoori mixed grills or a shashlik but pizza even a really thin crust healthy one will be 20+ syns.

HughLauriesStubble Tue 11-Oct-16 12:45:15

We went for Chinese in the end and I had a dry singapore noodles so hopefully wasn't too bad. I figured pizza would be the worst offender which is a pity cos I love it sad I used to make a somewhat healthier homemade one with fresh pizza base, loads of veg and limited cheese but even that's out with sw cos of the dough sad

iklboo Tue 11-Oct-16 17:10:58

There's always the 'cauliflower' pizza base or the Smash pizza base but, to be honest, I'd rather take the hit!

I have made min

kormachameleon Tue 11-Oct-16 17:13:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

iklboo Tue 11-Oct-16 17:14:14

*mini pizzas with the Warburtons whole meal sandwich thins as the base (pop in oven first to crisp a little). Spread with tomato purée or doritos salsa (1/2 syn tablespoon), top with HEXA cheese, ham, sweetcorn etc & stick under the grill to melt the cheese.

Not exactly Pizza Hut but a nice snack.

kormachameleon Tue 11-Oct-16 17:19:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now