Talk

Advanced search

Baby weight

(6 Posts)
GabbySolis Fri 09-Sep-16 20:09:55

I am 38 weeks pregnant with 2nd baby, I went to SW after first baby but didn't join until she was six months old because people kept telling me it was too soon - I wish I hadn't listened and had gone sooner when I felt ready because I lost all of my baby weight within six months of joining and felt so much better about myself - I had gained A LOT when I was pregnant! Anyway just wondered how soon after having a baby any other ladies joined SW?

Buttwing Sat 10-Sep-16 07:59:30

I joined when my youngest was 6 weeks old. I had gained a lot of weight as I'd had two babies very close together my third dc was 14 weeks old when I found out I was pregnant agin with dc4 so I hadn't had chance to lose the first lot of weight before I put more on.
I know it's seems really early to be thinking about losing weight but how I feel about my body is so closely linked to my mood I was worried about how down I was feeling about it. Also slimming world (as I'm sure you already know!) isn't dieting it's just eating really healthily I made sure I had lots of carbs when I was craving them because I was tired! Also if you're bfing you get extra healthy extras.

SoozeyHoozey Sun 11-Sep-16 19:26:26

I joined when my baby was four weeks old! She's six months now and I've lost 2st 11lb.

GabbySolis Sun 11-Sep-16 20:35:18

That's great well done and thanks both of you smile

Alexthekid Sun 11-Sep-16 20:54:56

I joined when baby was 10 weeks old (basically I waited the 10 weeks because I needed treat chocolate to get me through the newborn sleep deprivation stage) by the time it came to baby's christening at 5 months old i'd lost almost 3 stone and felt great.

Don't put yourself under un necessary pressure though. Having a new baby is hard enough

OwlinaTree Fri 23-Sep-16 09:56:31

I'm glad to see it works! I've just joined this week, I've got 3 ish done to lose and a 6 week old. I seem to be eating loads so I'll be amazed if it works!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now