Getting started with Slimming world help 😌

(3 Posts)
kelseymcmanus75 Wed 24-Aug-16 01:19:16

Hi, could anyone give me a quick run down on how slimming world works, what are the plans and what's healthy extras and supefoods and how do syns work. Done some research but quite confusing at the same time just want to write it all down. I want to give this a go for a week or so if I find it suits me I'll start going to the groups I don't want to waste money on something that's no good to be. All your help would be appreciated. Thank you.

NickyEds Fri 26-Aug-16 16:39:53

You basicallying can have unlimited fruit, veg, lean meat, grains, pasta, rice. Then limited milk, cheese, bread/cereal. Everything else is given a syn value and you can have up to 15 syns a day. As a benchmark a 175 ml glass of dry white wine is 6 syns. It's essentially a low fat, low sugar diet.

NickyEds Fri 26-Aug-16 16:43:37

Oh, healthy extras are your daily allowance of milk/cheese and bread/cereal. Speed food are essentially most fruit and veg (not more dense fruit such as bananas or veg like potatoes) they recommend that a third of your plate should be speed food.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now