Talk

Advanced search

Off to marks and sparks... Recommendations?

(33 Posts)
Onetimeatbandcamp Tue 23-Aug-16 16:38:16

Hey guys, Am off on a rare trip to M&S simply food this thursday to get a few bits, are there any recommendations for nice slimming world friendly bits and pieces there, that are worth me picking up? :-)

OP’s posts: |
maygirl Tue 23-Aug-16 16:41:58

Red pepper calamari is free if you like seafood!

Onetimeatbandcamp Tue 23-Aug-16 16:43:00

Interesting! Willing to give the calamari a go! smile

Onetimeatbandcamp Tue 23-Aug-16 16:45:41

Its going to be tough to walk past the percys and colins.... shock

ALemonyPea Tue 23-Aug-16 16:47:36

the tins of stewed steak in gravy is free, very tasty.

Onetimeatbandcamp Tue 23-Aug-16 16:51:42

Yes! Gonna get those too alemony, made the 'greggs style' steak bakes recipe today and am smitten, good to hear the M&S tins are free!

Onetimeatbandcamp Tue 23-Aug-16 16:53:53

Here is the pic of the bakes, followed by the recipe from the facebook page/group 'best slimming world recipes' they were genuinley lovely! Going to try cheese and onion next.

ALemonyPea Tue 23-Aug-16 17:06:01

I've made them before, they're lovely. I put some sliced onion on top as well, and sometimes some cheese.

ALemonyPea Tue 23-Aug-16 17:06:17

On top of the meat, not the bread.

Mull Tue 23-Aug-16 19:10:27

Sorry for the slight derail but I heard in group last week that one of the supermarket tinned steak (think it was Lidl?) has changed from being free to 14syns a can! They've changed the recipe, beware!

VinoEsmeralda Tue 23-Aug-16 19:16:06

I love the egg pots with spinach in when peckish. Hot smoked salmon fab tossed in pasta and peas.

ALemonyPea Tue 23-Aug-16 19:45:21

Yes it's the Lidl one Mull.

iklboo Tue 23-Aug-16 20:16:29

Ermagerd (to quote DNeph) are they really free if you use the M&S / Asda steak & thins as your HEX? They look fab!

Onetimeatbandcamp Tue 23-Aug-16 20:33:35

Yeah, its the lidl ones that are stupidly high *mull *the tesco (which I used) are 5 1/2 per tin, but the M&S and asda ones are free ;-)

iklboo Tue 23-Aug-16 20:34:43

DH is inordinately excited about these. Guess I know what we're having for Saturday tea grin

Onetimeatbandcamp Tue 23-Aug-16 20:36:31

To be more specific, its the 'asda chosen by you stewed steak' tin thats free... Not the smart price one...

iklboo Tue 23-Aug-16 20:37:33

Great, thank you!

froubylou Tue 23-Aug-16 20:40:45

Following for.inspiration.

I am ridiculously over excited that an m and s food hall is opening up about 2 miles from me. Luffs m N s but the nearest decent one is about 11 miles away atm.

Captainkanga Tue 23-Aug-16 20:44:16

The packs of mini meringues (lemon flavour and something else I can't remember sorry!) something like seven Syns for the whole pack!

The taste of summer ready cooked chicken skewers are good, actually a lot of the meat in that range is free!

The syn free burgers are really really good too.

Sorry for my vagueness, I have a really bad memory smile

Onetimeatbandcamp Tue 23-Aug-16 20:47:57

Syn free burgers???? 😮😮😮

Tell me more!

iklboo Tue 23-Aug-16 21:08:27

Iceland sell SW syn free burgers. Quarter pounders, chilli ones & chimichurri ones. Really quite nice.

Onetimeatbandcamp Tue 23-Aug-16 21:17:59

I know IKL , sadly Iceland dont deliver to me (live in the sticks) and there isnt one locally either! Sad times... 😞 Hence my excitement over the m&s ones! Lol grin

Captainkanga Tue 23-Aug-16 21:53:44

This is the packet (picture stolen off google, I'm not affiliated with the Facebook page)

chough Wed 24-Aug-16 12:09:21

I recommend the Marks and Spencer Guilt Free Snacking Chocolate and Pecan Popcorn.
Comes in a multipack and it's 6 syns per bag.
Their wholemeal mini sub rolls are 2 for a "b" choice, or 3 syns each.
Ready-spiralised courgettes/ butternut squash is free.
Lots of their prepared salads and veg will be free if you want some timesavers.
Chilled Singapore Noodles ( in prepared veg section) are free.
If you fancy any other of their crisps/ snacks, just check calories per portion to calculate syns: there would be no free food allowance for that kind of thing, so it's 1 syn per 20 calories.

comebackautumn Wed 24-Aug-16 12:59:56

Definitely trying the steak bake, thanks!

I go there for the mini meringues (entire pack 7 syns!) and the mini sub rolls (2 for HXB)

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in