Talk

Advanced search

Slimming world blues

(7 Posts)
user1470856329 Thu 11-Aug-16 12:55:27

Hey guys hope it's OK to join in on.just looking for some reassurance. Iam 4lb shy of loosing 3 stone I was feeling great my confidence was slowly coming back I'm 2 almost 3 dress sizes down. But the other day a photographer took a picture of me and my kids doing a fun run I cried so hard I was sick when I looked at it. When I see it I look 5 times bigger than when I started I have been nominated for women of the year my class is on Friday morning I really don't think I can face it I feel soo ashamed. I was just wondering if anyone else has felt like this will it pass? Sorry for moaning

WingDefence Thu 11-Aug-16 13:01:33

Hi - I didn't want to read and run. Why don't you come over to our lovely support group on here: www.mumsnet.com/Talk/slimming_world/2689110-Slimming-World-Support-7

You're done AMAZINGLY well to lose so much! Even the slimmest of people can hate photos taken of them and one of you running a fun run (well done!) isn't exactly likely to show off your best side is it? I'm not sure why you cried so hard you were sick though, that's a bit extreme?! shock

I don't go to a group as I'm doing SW online but being nominated women of the year sounds like a huge deal and you should be massively proud of yourself. Come over to our support thread and I guarantee you'll feel better soon smile

user1470856329 Thu 11-Aug-16 13:09:58

Thank-you.. I just feel iv taken 3 steps forward 10 back I have a very long way to go until I'm.at goal its completely knocked me for.6 x

chough Thu 11-Aug-16 16:24:47

user, you haven't taken any steps back: you're doing really well.
I think your fellow group members would reassure you if you tell them in group how you are feeling.
See you over in the other group: you will find Wing and the others there extremely supportive and friendly, with some great food ideas, too.

Onetimeatbandcamp Thu 11-Aug-16 18:05:30

Can I suggest you consider therapy? (Ask your GP for a referral) If you are almost at goal, its possible you are suffering from body dysmorphia or just struggling to mentally adjust to your new body shape. Its important you work through this, otherwise you are in danger of either putting it all back on again, or going the other way and losing too much for a healthy lifestyle.

Sending positive thoughts flowers

You have done really well!

OuchLegoHurts Thu 18-Aug-16 12:33:18

How can you possibly look 5 times bigger having lost 3 stone? You need to think logically and perhaps examine your body image. We all have terrible photos taken, no matter what our size. The angle of a photo alone can add what appears to be a stone!

OuchLegoHurts Thu 18-Aug-16 12:34:15

And sorry, but crying so hard that you were sick is not a normal reaction...perhaps you need a little counselling? flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now