Talk

Advanced search

Daily Weighings

(6 Posts)
LukeAdrian Wed 10-Aug-16 07:43:06

Is anyone else in the habit of weighing themselves on a daily basis?

Seeing the scales go down a little everyday can be very motivating, but wondering if weekly weigh ins is the better option for more satisfaction.

Thoughts?
grin

Sleeplessinmybedroom Wed 10-Aug-16 07:49:02

I'm really bad for this. I weigh at slimming world Thursday then weigh myself at least once a day at home. i try and weigh around the time I'd weigh at group. I keep meaning to hide my scales because I do my own head in.

Onetimeatbandcamp Wed 10-Aug-16 10:25:12

I am not weighing in at all this time, I get motivated for the first couple of weeks when weighing in, then get scale obsessed and dissapointed with minute daily fluctuations (even though I know that these can happen).

Try and weigh in only once a week/fortnight if possible, then you will see the true changes, its not great to weigh in everyday (unless maintaining) for the above reasons, it can demotivate you when you are actually doing very well.

Personally I will be weighing myself when I lose a fair bit, but not for the time being, going to go by loose clothes and how I feel and so far so good.

Sixpencenonethericher Wed 10-Aug-16 15:41:34

I'm always scared to weigh anyway so once a week is more than enough

EmilyK83 Thu 11-Aug-16 12:54:44

I weigh daily, just to keep me on track!

LukeAdrian Thu 11-Aug-16 18:46:33

I must have jinxed myself - I went to step on the scales and the battery went.

Haven't had a chance to weight myself for 2 days now!

I'm going crazy!

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now