Talk

Advanced search

Smoothies

(9 Posts)
inlectorecumbit Mon 01-Aug-16 09:12:41

After a failed attempt at 5:2 l have decided to give SW a go. I spent the weekend trying to get the hang if Syns
However l read that smoothies generally have some Syns but if l use strawberries/ raspberries, spinach and Apro soya yoghurt (plain) and 300 mls of coconut original Apro milk ( healthy option A) l think that should be Syn free?
Can anyone advise me please?

EsmeraldaEllaBella Mon 01-Aug-16 12:25:39

Puréed fruit has syns, because youre changing them and will eat much more of it in a smoothie than if you are it whole. Same as with juices. You could enjoy it as a fruit salad syn free

EsmeraldaEllaBella Mon 01-Aug-16 12:26:04

ate it whole

NedStarksHead Mon 01-Aug-16 12:28:24

I do SW but I also don't understand this.

If you're permitted unlimited fruit, what's to stop you eating the amount you put in a smoothie?

It's so bizarre.

EsmeraldaEllaBella Mon 01-Aug-16 12:30:40

Because even though you can have unlimited fruit you wouldn't eat as much as there is in a smoothie. Just like orange juice is made of say, 10 oranges , you could drink it in say 20 mins but would never eat 10 whole oranges in that time

inlectorecumbit Mon 01-Aug-16 12:49:51

Thanks guess l will have to rethink my easy lunch then grin

ChessieFL Mon 01-Aug-16 12:55:49

Pureeing and juicing breaks down the cell walls of the fruit so you lonesome of the fibre etc that whole fruit contains. As others have said, whole fruit fills you up far more than the equivalent in juice or puréed form.

ChessieFL Mon 01-Aug-16 12:56:07

Lonesome = lose some!

tabulahrasa Mon 01-Aug-16 13:00:45

It's not as filling because you've destroyed some of it, so easier to over eat as it now all fits in a glass... Chewing is actually part of what fills you up as it's one of the things that makes your body aware of what you're eating and you're no longer doing that.

So, you're likely to drink more fruit than you'd ever manage to eat at one go and you'd not be as full afterwards so more likely to eat more sooner as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now