Talk

Advanced search

why am i struggling

(7 Posts)
deli1976 Sun 31-Jul-16 18:13:25

Hi.
i seriously need some advise please..okay so whenever i reach the weight i am now i just give up, cant be bothered cant focus, cant stay on plan and i just dont know why.i need to loose at least another 6stone.but ive been this weight before about 4 times.and just give up
i seriously dont know whats going on so im hoping anybody out there knows what im talking about
ive not posted on this group for couple of months.

EsmeraldaEllaBella Sun 31-Jul-16 19:26:40

Yes I know how that feels! For me, it's like a way to keep myself safe, just give up and then I won't fail. But don't give up, keep going! Once you break through the barrier and get lower than ever you'll realise that you can do it!

deli1976 Mon 01-Aug-16 10:24:02

EsmeraldaEllaBella thankyou..
it is like im scared to see numbers go down its really weird

EsmeraldaEllaBella Mon 01-Aug-16 12:32:51

Yup. I get it. If you have online membership I think there is some help on this it you have a look. You could ask live chat to direct you. Or speak to your consultant.

maygirl Mon 01-Aug-16 13:18:34

I think this is quite common.
Have you tried an SAS log for a few days, or done a for and against list like this mobile.slimmingworld.co.uk/features/view-feature/for-and-against
Sometimes this can uncover subconscious negative thoughts about being slim, like worries about attracting attention as people start to notice and comment , viewing slimmer women a certain way you don't want to identify with, eg vain and self centered, or weaker and more vulnerable than larger women. Or less cuddly and loveable, or less fun & 'always on a 'diet' Worries about having to avoid certain foods long-term, worries about failure to reach target.
This may also be a size where you start to feel ok about yourself, clothes not uncomfortably tight anymore, you can find things you look nice in, find things more easily in your size now after not having much choice available at bigger size? So there isn't the same urgency to lose weight?
Maybe start a list and add to it as ideas pop into your head? Reading a list of your reasons FOR losing weight every day is also helpful.

healthyobsessions Tue 02-Aug-16 16:58:00

I used to be exactly the same! I'm now at target through!! Yay! I found it incredibly difficult not to give up when I got to the weight I usually start giving up at but I did and as someone else mentioned, once I got over that 'barrier' I found all this willpower out of nowhere, I think it's because once I got over that, I realised I was fully capable and that I could do it and it became surprisingly easier... stick with it! You can do it!

deli1976 Fri 05-Aug-16 13:57:06

Thank you all..im doing an sas log/food diary...i am so scared of seeing the numbers go down and I am at a size where i can get clothes to fit me
im gonna have to beat this.i will beat this!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now