Talk

Advanced search

First day but this can't be right!

(7 Posts)
user1466625418 Thu 23-Jun-16 00:11:21

I've read Amy book over and over. It's a lot to take in but I think I've got the hang of it. I'm having a third of my plate filled with speed foods. My portion sizes are not tiny but certainly not excessive (portion control is not usually my problem). I've had my one slice of normal sized wholemeal bread, rice for lunch and mashed potato for dinner! I feel so full and I have all day. I've had the majority of my syns but not all and I have milk from by healthy extra left over.

Can this really be how it works or will I have put half a stone on in a week!

user1466625418 Thu 23-Jun-16 00:11:58

* my book*

PinkFluffiUnicorn Thu 23-Jun-16 00:17:46

I'm new to sw, but sounds about right, plenty fruit,veg & water, I've lost 1/2 stone in 4 weeks,could have been more if I'd not eaten cake!

ChessieFL Thu 23-Jun-16 12:40:21

According to the plan that is fine, but I personally wouldn't have lost weight having both rice and potatoes in the same day. You will have to wait and see whether it works for you but you may get a better result cutting out one lot of carbs.

emmaluvseeyore Thu 23-Jun-16 12:47:54

Yep, that sounds about right. Make sure you eat your healthy extras every day. I've lost nearly 4 stones in the last year or so eating plenty of pasta and rice, so don't worry about the amount of carbs you're eating. I very rarely eat bread though as it makes me really bloated when I do. I have bran flakes for brekkie.

SpoonfulOfJam Thu 23-Jun-16 14:18:19

You will still probably lose, but slowly. I try and limit carbs to once a day. But I'm impatient and want this baby weight gone. I'm losing at an average of 3 pounds a week.

honeyrider Sun 26-Jun-16 14:19:12

I rarely eat bread or pasta unless it's gluten free so I usually have at least 2 and sometimes 3 portions of potatoes/rice/couscous a day and still manage to lose weight. I couldn't get my head around being able to eat so much in my first week and not feel hungry as it was the opposite to all the other diet plans I've followed in the past but managed to lose 7.5lbs and 3lbs the following week.

If I don't have a portion of potato/rice/couscous with my meal I don't feel full and I'm then more likely to start mooching and picking at stuff that can easily put me off plan.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now