Talk

Advanced search

Slim

(16 Posts)
PebbleTTC Sat 04-Jun-16 21:24:40

Hi all, I joined SW last month and Iv lost a stone but I have 3 to 4 more to go and would be 8.5 - 9.5 stone. Has anyone reached a nice low weight and got super slim from following slimming world eating rice potato etc or do you end up doing something else to get very slim after you lost the majority of the weight?

ChessieFL Sun 05-Jun-16 15:17:29

I have just reached target on slimming world and that was 9st 7lb. However, I don't eat masses of rice, pasta and potatoes.

tabulahrasa Sun 05-Jun-16 22:30:22

My target is 10.6...but I'm 5 ft 8, so the weight range you're talking about would be at the very bottom to under a healthy weight for my height.

But I ate potatoes and rice the whole way to it.

PebbleTTC Mon 06-Jun-16 08:35:41

Thanks for the replies! ChessieFL could you give me an idea of what you would eat? At the moment I'm eating about 1300 calories a day including porridge in the morning and rice for lunch and potato for dinner

PebbleTTC Mon 06-Jun-16 08:41:42

tabulahrasa, did it take you long to reach your target? I'm afraid weight loss will slow down / stop due to carbs but I couldn't go without them! I'm down 17.5 pounds in 5 weeks and I am just a bit nervous that it's going to stop soon! I'd love to get to 9 stone but don't know if that is possible for me, haven't been that weight since I was in my early teens

EmilyK83 Mon 06-Jun-16 08:45:31

I'm still eating carbs and I've dropped from 14st 9 to 11st 3.5 so far since the start of Jan - 3st 5.5lb loss. I don't eat pasta/rice/potatoes at every meal though - one meal a day max, normally, and the last few weeks I've been doing a couple of SP days the days before weigh in. Lost 2.5lb last week - it's definitely possible!

Bear in mind it's a longterm lifestyle change too, rather than a fad diet - I don't plan on cutting out carbs when I get to target, so am happy to keep eating them now! smile

PebbleTTC Mon 06-Jun-16 09:20:10

Hi Emily, what do you eat during speed days?

ChessieFL Mon 06-Jun-16 12:18:46

Typical day might be fruit and yogurt for breakfast, salad or soup for lunch, then dinner might be bolognaise with courgetti, chilli with cauli rice or mushy pea curry.

PebbleTTC Mon 06-Jun-16 12:56:58

Gosh that's very little food! Do you have any snacks? I'd love to get down to that weight

ChessieFL Mon 06-Jun-16 16:44:51

Yes, I would usually have more fruit as a snack, plus 4 hi fi lights (you get two HEBs on an SP day) plus my Syns which I would usually use on a pudding/chocolate in the evening.

EmilyK83 Mon 06-Jun-16 18:09:27

Am doing a SP day today - had fruit and sweetened quark for breakfast, then smoked salmon, scrambled eggs, asparagus and first HexB toast for lunch. Tonight will be cottage pie with a carrot and butternut topping, plus cabbage on the side!

525ml of almond milk in almond milk lattes as my HexA, still have a HexB to have tonight, plus all 15 syns remaining to snack on smile

PebbleTTC Mon 06-Jun-16 19:37:46

So are the speed days about having no potato, rice etc? Was it at a certain stage you decided to do speed days or did you do them from the start?

ChessieFL Mon 06-Jun-16 19:58:09

Pebble, an SP day is where the only free foods you eat are those with an S symbol or a P symbol. Half your meals should be S and half P. You get one HEA, two HEBs and your 15 Syns. So on an SP day you wouldn't have pasta, rice, potatoes, free yoghurts like Mullerlights, pineapple, mango, blueberries, cherries, grapes, parsnips, sweet potatoes, sweetcorn etc.

I was doing SW for a couple of months before I tried SP.

PebbleTTC Mon 06-Jun-16 20:03:45

Ok I'll keep going the way I am for the moment!

tabulahrasa Tue 07-Jun-16 11:19:45

It took me two years to get to target...but that's because I lost 8 stones, it was 6 in one year, a fair few months of me mucking about and then the last 2.

PebbleTTC Tue 07-Jun-16 18:06:52

I'm hoping the will power will stay strong! Congratulations on your fantastic weight loss tabulahrasa! How long have you kept it off? My first stone went in a month in hoping to lose next one by end of July and just keep going!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now