How do you use your syns...?

(21 Posts)
EmilyK83 Tue 24-May-16 14:58:14

Hey all,

Just intrigued as to how people use their syns on SW?

I've mostly been saving mine till the evenings, having syn free meals so I can snack on chocolate etc after our evening meal. But I'm toying with using more of them in actual meals...just wondering what other people do, and if it affects their losses?

emmaluvseeyore Tue 24-May-16 15:05:13

I mostly use them on a yoghurt at lunch time and an afternoon/evening snack. Most of our meals during the week are syn free or low syn (for example, our risotto has some sweet chilli sauce in it, and we use microwave rice to go with curry that is 1 syn). The yoghurts I like are 5.5 syns.

Some of our meals have cheese in them, which gets synned if we've already had our healthy extra of cheese/milk that day.

We pretty much mix it up so I'm not having chocolate every day. I find I don't enjoy chocolate as much now anyway (I've been doing SW for over a year).

nomoreheroes Tue 24-May-16 15:44:53

Mostly winewine and more wine!! I find it easy to have syn free meals but I do use syns on things like mayonnaise for salads, sweet chilli sauce, and if I'm going to eat bread as my hexb I have to have real butter. So most of my syns are confined to the weekend. It's early days yet for me but if I find I'm not losing I might have to change things around a bit.

nomoreheroes Tue 24-May-16 15:47:12

I should add that it wasnt chocolate or snacking in the evening that got me here anyway, it was bread, cheese and massive dinners. grin And wine of course. So I don't feel the need to save syns for chocolate.

Sukistjames Tue 24-May-16 15:59:27

I try to eat my three meals with as little syns as possible so I can have some chocolate in the evening!

Autumnchill Tue 24-May-16 19:43:41

winewinewinewinewinewine and a bit more wine (maybe a bit of gravy on a Sunday)

calzone Wed 25-May-16 00:04:37

I used to be the same as you, stuffing myself with syns in the evening.

I now use pesto in meals or mayonnaise on salads and have fruit and crisps maybe, in the evening.

MintChocAddict Wed 25-May-16 00:12:31

Why are they called syns and not sins??

Genuine question. I've seen this before and always wondered. smile

ChessieFL Wed 25-May-16 06:17:34

It's short for synergies

MintChocAddict Fri 27-May-16 01:06:55

Ah right, thanks. smile

SpoonfulOfJam Fri 27-May-16 19:39:39

Gin, real butter. Sometimes I need to use real oil in cooking or a bit of olive oil. I wasted syns on a flavourless avocado- never again. The odd chocolate or options hot chocolate.

HelenF35 Fri 27-May-16 19:47:00

Wine! winewinegrin

emwithme Fri 27-May-16 20:07:43

Bullshit is it short for synergies. They try to spin that line, though.

I've been doing it long enough (off and on) that I have some recipes from the dark ages (well, 2002) where they're called "sins".

I use mine for sauces, extra cheese, yorkshire puddings, pufts/crisps, chocolate, gin and wine.

cheapskatemum Sat 28-May-16 21:42:03

I do exactly the same as you, so sorry no new ideas from me! I am a chocoholic, but carefully weighing, or counting how much/many chocolate(s) each day has meant I've lost 1.5 stone, reached target weight and weigh less than I have since my early 20s. Today I finished my Easter egg!

EmilyK83 Sun 29-May-16 07:53:59

Thanks ladies! I love my evening treats, just wasn't sure if it was the best route to go down! One positive, I guess, is that by the evening I'm sometimes so full from dinner that I end up not using all of my syns, it's one way to cut down my chocolate intake...!

Twinklestar2 Mon 30-May-16 20:13:31

I use mine on crisps blush

2catsnowaiting Tue 31-May-16 23:13:23

If I ever felt full in the evening I wouldn't be needing slimmers world!
Syn-free and low syn meals I find pretty easy in the main, so my syns are nearly all snacks.

Colourfulpast1975 Tue 31-May-16 23:17:19

I use mine in salad dressing, yogurth and chocolate. I completely gave up on wine for the last 3 months as I don't trust myself.

ginorwine Tue 31-May-16 23:38:11

Curly Wurley
Gin
Wine
Avocado on toast
Nuts
Cheese
Crisps
Hungry now !!!!
Tend to keep meals as syn free as poss but occasionally use for yummy creamy cheesy meals !

pinkunicornsarefluffy Wed 01-Jun-16 13:13:42

I started out using my syns for treats in the evening, but 4 months on am using them more now in meals instead and saving some for a small treat. I would rather have some gravy or sauce with a meal than have chocolate in the evening, so SW has changed the way that I look at food completely.

If I do eat free foods all day, then I will have a packet of crisps or a small kitkat in the evening as a treat.

Oldwestaction Wed 01-Jun-16 13:20:40

Sweet & salted popcorn.
Hifi bars if I've already used my b choice.
Wine!!
Extra cheese.
Sometimes extra granola if I'm feeling particularly hungry at breakfast and want a sweet rather than savoury breakfast.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now