Talk

Advanced search

Need on-the-go lunch ideas after sandwich disaster!

(10 Posts)
MamOfTwo Thu 28-Apr-16 22:19:25

Didn't have time to make my lunch today, so had to grab a sandwich. Opted for the Tesco Healthy Living range (egg & cress) as I thought that might not be too bad. Boy, was I wrong! Guess how many Syns in that little sandwich? 14.5! I am shocked. So, what are your go-to, low-Syn, shop-bought lunches for those days when you -can't be-arsed- don't have time to lovingly prepare a homemade lunch?

MamOfTwo Thu 28-Apr-16 22:20:29

Hmm, strikethrough fail, gah.

TeaBelle Thu 28-Apr-16 22:24:09

Normally leftovers from the night before or salad

foolssilver Thu 28-Apr-16 22:28:59

I have had a stressful week so been struggling to make lunches so have had

Boots veggie Sushi
Baked potato and beans (no butter obv)
Subway salad

perrita Thu 28-Apr-16 22:29:28

Subway salad with turkey is my go to which is free or a couple of syns for sweet onion sauce, sushi snack packs (the small ones) are usually 0.5-1 syn, salads, fruit pots, quavers, Alpen light bars.

LikeAbatOutOfHell Thu 28-Apr-16 22:34:07

When I have a get-up-late or a can't be bothered day, it's either a rummage in the freezer to see if there's a portion of something I can take, a subway salad or failing that my emergency drawer at work which contains mug shots and various Alpen/Aldi bars

GasLightShining Thu 28-Apr-16 22:53:58

Mugshot is my lazy go to . Not all a syn free and a lot of them are just plain rank but the mexican rice one is not bad and 2 syns. I will also grab a load of fruit.

emwithme Fri 29-Apr-16 00:09:29

Box of salad (the cheapest available) + Pack of ham/king prawns/crayfish tails +
Pack of cherry tomatoes (if none in salad).

Sushi isn't bad on syns - the 4 piece boxes are about 1 syn each, up to 5 or so for the BIG boxes.

ChessieFL Fri 29-Apr-16 09:42:11

If you do have to get a ready made sandwich, find one with wholemeal bread then you can count that as your HEB and deduct 6 Syns from the sandwich's syn value.

If you're near a KFC, the pulled chicken rice box is only 4 or 4.5 Syns.

thenewaveragebear1983 Fri 29-Apr-16 09:44:37

I think the macd's chicken salad is free/ very low syn as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now