Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help with staying motivated after STS for 2 weeks

(12 Posts)
profpoopsnagle Tue 19-Apr-16 19:18:01

I can understand both weeks TBH, week 1 STS was finishing off school holiday, so out of routine; I had been away the week before and TOTM.
Week 2 STS was better, both eating wise and Body Magic, but I had under-worked out my daily snack by 4 Syns, had a bit of a winey-week and let some peanuts/crisps get the better of me.

So I kind of understand it, and I deserve it but need motivation now to stop me saying blow it. I do feel slimmer in my body, I feel thinner but it's not showing on the scales. Now I've written down what I did, I can see the result is justified but if someone has a STS story where they then lost 8 any weight the next week I'd love to hear it grin.

Flossyfloof Tue 19-Apr-16 22:05:04

What does STS mean?

profpoopsnagle Wed 20-Apr-16 07:00:37

Sorry, stayed the same.

Flossyfloof Wed 20-Apr-16 11:50:28

Bottom line is, if you don't stick to the plan, you can't expect to have great weight loss. And sometimes you get a hangover from the week before, so you may have been on plan this week and see a gain because you were off plan last week.
I see people having wonderful losses, but I don't. For me, losing one pound last night was brilliant.
Get organised, choose how you are going to use your syns and try to stay on track this week. If you can't stay away from the peanuts I believe you can have a small number as HEB not 100% sure though. If you are a grazer, like me, have plenty of nice fruit and veg to hand. No one wants to eat a manky banana ( nor a manly one, which is what autocorrect wants me to say).

profpoopsnagle Wed 20-Apr-16 16:37:04

Thanks, I needed someone to be stern with me. I have swopped the bad snack, upped the exercise more and apart from a meal this Friday, I am going to record and keep under 15 syns each day. I want that loss next WI more than anything (and in fact my scales this morning had moved by -1.5, so I just need to keep that off).

I haven't stayed onto meetings because I don't like the discussion format. I know I need to be brave and stay, although I'm really not keen on speaking out in the group. They also over run, and I have to leave half way through to get the kids.

Flossyfloof Wed 20-Apr-16 23:25:02

That's good. Be aware though - my scales recorded a good loss mid-week, then went back up again
I am told that if you say you don't want her to discuss your weight loss/gain she won't. I have stayed to almost every meeting but omg they are excruciating.
At least if you stay on plan from now you won't put any on!

stonechallenge Thu 21-Apr-16 06:48:29

I've put on a pound this week. Gutted.

Like you, I've had a "whiney" week so I KNOW it's that - at least we know what it is.

Sooooo ....

Let's smash this week, get out walking as often as possible, resist wine & keep on track.

All come this far so WE KNOW we can do it.

Good Luck!

no wine, no snacks, resist & move!

Flossyfloof Thu 21-Apr-16 08:27:12

You can have some snacks, but good ones. I am injured and I can't move much so that makes it more difficult. Had drinks and a meal out last night but that is it now, hopefully I can claw it back by next weigh in (Tuesday). Of course, I hit the chocolate last night when I got in wilk get it hidden now so I can't get at it.
I will be happy if I maintain this week.

WipsGlitter Thu 21-Apr-16 17:57:30

I'm barely losing anything but I'm only very vaguely sticking to the plan. But even a pound a week suits me.

Flossyfloof Sun 24-Apr-16 14:31:00

I would be thrilled at a consistent pound a week!

profpoopsnagle Tue 26-Apr-16 20:35:53

Well I lost a pound this week grin. A little disappointed it wasn't more, especially as 'my scales' showed -2 this morning but the scales are moving in the right direction and I don't want it back.

I still couldn't bring myself to stay, so I'm going to join the big thread and have a virtual group.

Flossyfloof Wed 27-Apr-16 00:22:48

I stayed tonight and wished I hadn't. I don't think she likes me - I find her very dismissive, particularly of me and I hate the cod psychology she spouts. I don't think I will be staying again except to the taster sessions, I think they are really good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now