Talk

Advanced search

Can you share your Online SW experiences

(11 Posts)
incywincybitofa Fri 08-Apr-16 11:45:41

I need to do something about my weight- steroids lack of movement and other stuff means I way a lot!

I can't commit to SW weekly meetings, so I am thinking of trying on line.
What have your experiences of online SW been?

gooru Fri 08-Apr-16 14:52:50

Watching with interest - also with steroid weight to shift!

katenka Fri 08-Apr-16 20:00:15

I have no personal experience with steroids.

But did do online. I didn't like it. So easy to cheat or not weigh in. Or fob off gains as something else when they weren't.

Didn't find it had enough support either. I stayed roughly the same in 6 weeks I was online only. I have been at group for 10 weeks and lost 20.5lb.

It does work for some people though. I am just not strict enough with myself.

Also if I had of found the SW support thread on here, it may have made it easier. It's really good and lots of info (that I felt wasn't clear on the website) to look at on that thread.

incywincybitofa Fri 08-Apr-16 21:48:23

Thanks Katenka I think that is my big worry- accountability but maybe it could be worth a try if there was a thread of support or if I join one of the support threads.
They currently have an offer on.

emmaluvseeyore Fri 08-Apr-16 21:53:39

I've been an online member for almost a year now and I've lost 3.5 stones. I have a lot of support from family (my partner has been doing it with me and got to his target), and I'm very strict with weighing in. I weigh in every week even when I know I've not had a good week. I've been stuck for the last few months, but that's because I'm not sticking to do it, and I'm stress eating. Luckily I haven't gained though! Going to get back on it properly when I'm less stressed.

Jsy123 Fri 08-Apr-16 22:47:44

Eek I've just joined online. I don't have the option of joining a group as there are none where I live. I can be super motivated when I put my mind to it and I'm hoping to have a loss this first week to keep me on the straight and narrow!

incywincybitofa Sat 09-Apr-16 22:36:32

Good to hear the positive sides good luck JSY hopefully I am about to join you

gooru Sun 10-Apr-16 06:04:52

What's the special offer on it right now? The cheapest I've been able to find the bronze package is £45 with a code, would love to find it a bit cheaper?

incywincybitofa Sun 10-Apr-16 11:03:58

I used the OneYou code which brought Bronze down to £45
Weight watchers often has cheaper offers, but I am not sure I could get my head around it. SW seems simpler to me.

gooru Sun 10-Apr-16 11:16:35

I have tried WW in the past but you end up obsessing about the weight of everything, and aggrieved if you have something that tips you over into (say) 6 points instead of 5, for the sake of a few grams! I like the idea of having a set list of foods to choose from without the faff of measuring, I also like the emphasis on making 1/3 of everything you eat fresh veg or salad etc (I think that's how it works anyway!)

I was put off SW because the online tracker last time I used it was absolutely woeful but I see from a YouTube video they have updated it, and from their Twitter page that they are looking to bring the online tracker to their app (better late than never!). So I think I will go for it if £45 is the best we can find!

incywincybitofa Sun 10-Apr-16 11:58:42

So are you joining me grin I signed up this morning whilst the kids were fighting

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now