Talk

Advanced search

Slimming world party/buffet food recipe please...

(5 Posts)
Dickorydockwhatthe Mon 04-Apr-16 13:01:01

My friend is having a girly night and most people are taking slimming world dishes so I thought I wok,d have ask at making something. Can anyone suggest something please??

ChickieDuck Mon 04-Apr-16 15:10:14

Not technically slimming world, but this dip is very tasty and delicious served with crudites/bread sticks. If you don't use too much oil is very low cal. This makes a nice big bowl worth:

Jumbo Chilli Dip
1 Jar roasted red peppers (drained)
2 Large red chillis if available (not particularly for heat, but for flavour). Add 1 small red chilli if you want it to be hotter.
Bunch of fresh coriander
1 Small clove of garlic (optional, but better with it)
1 Lime
Oil
Salt

Drain the peppers and add them to the food processor (or liquidiser).
De-seed the chillis and chop them roughly along with the garlic. Add them to the food processor with the zest and juice of the lime and the coriander stalks.
Process this mix until it is quite smooth. Leave as much texture as you fancy.
Add the coriander leaves, salt, then process again. Add some oil in stages and process until it emulsifies a bit and come together as a sauce. You can add up to 125 ml of oil but we usually use less. It should be quite thick and spoonable rather than a pouring sauce.

Dickorydockwhatthe Tue 05-Apr-16 10:37:55

Thankyou I might give it a go

ChickyDuck Mon 11-Apr-16 14:59:50

How was the girly night? What did you make in the end!?

Dickorydockwhatthe Mon 11-Apr-16 23:20:16

Yes it was lovely thankyou also hit yo sample some other dishes

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now