Talk

Advanced search

What are your favourite Slimming World recipes?

(39 Posts)
TuttiFrutti Wed 09-Mar-16 12:38:59

My dh joined SW a few weeks ago and I am trying to cook our evening meals from their recipes, but family-friendly stuff that everyone will eat. So far:
spag bol - very good, have made several times
cottage pie - good
macaroni cheese - disgusting
chicken korma - not great, but may have been the type of korma powder I used, will have another go
couscous with peppers, courgettes and feta - nice
omelette with mushrooms and ham - good (but hardly a recipe as such)

Anyone got any other ideas?

OP’s posts: |
happymittens Wed 09-Mar-16 18:09:58

I love the Chicken Jambalaya and Spanish Chicken, which I have with rice. The pulled pork is amazing too!

BirdingWidow Wed 09-Mar-16 19:57:01

I love he sweet chilli chicken, although I use less Harissa powder than it says (about half the amount) otherwise it is overpowering. It's so lush with rice and spinach, say. And also lovely leftovers go well with a salad for work lunches.

pieceofpurplesky Wed 09-Mar-16 20:25:23

I love the jambalaya too. Slimming world chips with homemade burger is gorgeous. The hot pot is a favourite here as is the tikka masala

peachypips Fri 11-Mar-16 18:49:09

Google 'The Slimming Foodie'. She has lots of amazing recipes that are for foodies doing Slimming World. I love it!

TuttiFrutti Sun 13-Mar-16 20:47:00

Thanks for all your recommendations - I will try the chicken jambalaya this week. I love the idea of SW chips and homemade burger - thanks pieceofpurplesky, I will investigate that one!

Will also check out the Slimming Foodie recipes. I need more ideas!

Muskateersmummy Sun 13-Mar-16 20:49:50

Jambalaya is lovely. The SW nacho feast is a firm favourite in our house. I use a lasagne recipe from the philli website using Philly lightest as my hea.

Chicken jalfrezi is fab, and there's a new one from King Pao chicken which we love! There's a prawn special fried rice recipe which is amaze!

Muskateersmummy Sun 13-Mar-16 20:50:49

Oh and the she cooks she eats website has the best hunters chicken recipe. And her others are delicious !!

VinoEsmeralda Sun 13-Mar-16 20:57:27

We love ( this includes kids too) fish and wedges with pea guacamole a la SW, Singapore noodles, meatballs in tomato sauce but by far the favorite at the momen tis diet coke chicken.

dlwelly Sun 13-Mar-16 20:58:49

Carbonara and chilli con carne are favourites here.

I use a Philadelphia carbonara recipe so get the lightest one and syn it or use it as your healthy extra. Cook some mushrooms and bacon and then mix a spoon of Philly, some vegetable stock and an egg yolk in with it -delicious! The stock makes most of the sauce so you don't need much cheese at all.

Chilli con carne is beef mince and any speed veg + cayenne pepper, paprika, cumin & coriander. The slimming world recipe says to use chillis but I find its too hot for us so I leave them out.

I put so much veg into the sauce (extra onions, mushrooms, grated carrots, peppers) that a pack of mince will do us 2 meals now instead of one so we tend to have spaghetti bolognese and chilli con carne in the same week.

WipsGlitter Sun 13-Mar-16 20:58:57

Will check out that blog!

dlwelly Sun 13-Mar-16 20:59:42

Forgot to say, plus a carton of passata for the chilli!

everyonesmom Sun 13-Mar-16 21:04:02

Have a look at Slimming Eats, some amazing recipes. The only curry I ever make now is her chicken, sweet potato and red lentil, the whole family love it so much they would eat it for breakfast !

Muskateersmummy Sun 13-Mar-16 21:07:34

Oh yes slimming eats is one of my go to sites too.

TuttiFrutti Mon 14-Mar-16 19:30:20

Wow I love the Slimming Eats blog! Thank you so much for the recommendations.

jetsetlil Sat 19-Mar-16 07:40:23

Just had a look at slimming eats, some lovely recipes. Does anyone know what American cup sizes work out in grams and ounces?

Ragwort Sat 19-Mar-16 07:57:05

Thank you, some great ideas here. smile

ateacupofgin Sat 19-Mar-16 21:42:06

I love that blog!

Re: cups, I don't convert but just use same size cup for everything. A small teacup or beaker. I think 1/4 cup is a tblsp but don't quote me on that!

busyboysmum Mon 21-Mar-16 17:55:32

Everyonesmom thanks for the website. I made the chicken, sweet potato and lentil curry for tea this evening and it was absolutely delicious.

AvaLeStrange Sat 02-Apr-16 15:19:26

Discovered this syn free version of KFC a few weeks ago at a taster night and have lost count of how many people I've recommended it to since. Well worth a try.
fatgirlskinny.net/tag/kfc/

My DD loves korma - it can vary massively according to which brand of korma powder you use (Sainsburys own was our fave but they seem to have stopped doing it). I stir in quark at the very end instead of using yoghurt/fromage frais which makes it creamier.

Zola1980 Sat 02-Apr-16 18:22:37

I think this is SW friendly and free, but is just an old fave. If someone can confirm it is then i will be v happy as its really tasty!

Fry 1 x chopped onion, 1 x chopped green pepper and 2 x chopped green chillis in fry light until soft
Add 6 x bacon medallions (no fat), cut into small pieces
Fry the mixture until bacon is cooked
Add 1 x tin Tesco mixed bean salad (drained)
Add 1 x tin chopped tomatos

Simmer for 15 mins, serve with rice.
(You can also top with a bit of grated cheese as a HEA)

MissBattleaxe Wed 06-Apr-16 17:13:18

I love the SW Chicken Tikka Masala. I use loads of smoked paprika to give it that Tandoori flavour.

I also make banana pancakes: mash a banana and mix with two eggs. Fry in Fry light like pancakes. They are delicious. I serve them with 2 tbs of low sugar jam ( 2 syns) and it stops me craving cakes and cream teas.

I also love a plain chicken breast and roasted veg in balsamic vinegar. It's free on SP and so tasty. I roast carrots, cherry tomatoes, onions, peppers and courgettes.

stonechallenge Thu 07-Apr-16 06:43:27

Just on this note .... What the hell does one use Quark for?

molyholy Thu 07-Apr-16 09:50:44

Homity pie. It is nice if you like herbs!! Luckily I do and it is delicious.

stone I used quark last night to make a pepper sauce for my steak.

In fry light, done tomatoes, mushrooms, pepper. Sprinkled over veg oxo, loads of pepper. Took it off the heat and added quark. It made a delicious sauce, but you have to take it off the heat before adding, or it goes bitty if you know what I mean.

I've never made it, but apparently you can add 2 teaspoons of options and a bit of sweetner if desired (2 syns), to quark and it make it kind of like chocolate cheescake topping.

MissBattleaxe Sat 09-Apr-16 14:27:06

I use quark with chopped spring onions on jacket spuds instead of sour cream

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in