Talk

Advanced search

Eating out on Slimming World

(7 Posts)
lists4life Sat 05-Mar-16 21:13:50

I've been on Slimming World for two months now and have been finding it hard to go out for dinner and stay on plan. I find the Harvester is quite a good place as they do steak/chicken with jacket potatoes and then you get your unlimited salad bar on top of that.

Nandos is also fairly safe too as you can choose your sides carefully - they now have salad, corn on the cob, mash and rice options.

I was thinking of writing a blog post about places you can eat out as I am sure there are loads of people in the same boat here. Any bright ideas? I would appreciate your thoughts?

Muskateersmummy Sat 05-Mar-16 21:17:44

I have been on SW for a couple of years, at target for nearly a year. We eat out most weekends and I can usually find something safe to eat. I tend to save syns over the week to give me more leeway. Italians are always a code bet with the exception of pizza express where I always find it tricky.

lists4life Sat 05-Mar-16 21:20:39

Thanks. Is there a particular Italian restaurant you favour? Obviously the creamy dishes need to be avoided but I suppose the ones with tomato-based sauces are fine.

Muskateersmummy Sat 05-Mar-16 21:53:44

Yeah we stick to the tomato based things. Frankie and benny's, carluccio's (which is great as they do a fresh fruit salad as a pudding option), zizzi's, ask. They all have something that will be pretty low syn.

Most places will happily substitute a jacket potato with no butter for chips. So you can get a nice simple steak and jacket in most pub type places

lists4life Mon 07-Mar-16 18:45:04

I remembered that La Tasca is quite good too with all the tapas.

Here's my attempt at writing a little guide:
Guilt-Free Place to Eat Out on Slimming World
listsforlifeblog.com/2016/03/07/238/

katienana Mon 07-Mar-16 18:46:33

Zizzi prawn linguine is low syn.

Sounbelievablydull Mon 07-Mar-16 22:17:17

I'm out tomorrow at a Turkish place and am hoping the grilled meats will be ok. I've also made it more difficult for myself by deciding not to go public about dieting so all in all am dreading it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now