Talk

Advanced search

Joining Slimming World when pregnant

(5 Posts)
leoniethelioness Tue 01-Mar-16 20:32:12

Can I join if I'm pregnant? I'm 10 weeks and BMI puts me in the overweight category. I'm not trying to lose weight now but I need to break some bad habits and avoid piling on the pounds through unhealthy choices. I am making lots of them at the moment... Will I be allowed to join? Will I have to speak to my midwife first?

tabulahrasa Tue 01-Mar-16 20:46:12

You can join, it's totally fine to do while pregnant and they'll give you a form to get signed by your midwife.

stiffstink Wed 02-Mar-16 10:05:27

Its definitely ok when pregnant but the focus tends to be not gaining over the course of the pregnancy rather than losing weight.

I joined in Jan 2015 and got pregnant in May. I had lost 1st 2 by that stage. I lost more up to being 7 months pg but gained 8lbs in the last 2 months (I blame Christmas)! DD is 3 weeks old and I am 1st 12lbs lighter than Jan 2015 and one size smaller.

Good luck and congratulations!

leoniethelioness Wed 02-Mar-16 19:27:28

Thank you both!

AllanaB Fri 04-Mar-16 07:52:12

I jinxed slimming world when pregnant and only gained 11/2 stone in my pregnancy, I lost my baby weight in 2 weeks after baby was born, I'm now smaller then I was before I had my LG, it's good to have a healthy pregnancy for you and your baby,

Congratulations btw xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now