Talk

Advanced search

6 weeks in - bingeing disaster!

(7 Posts)
Crumblevision Fri 26-Feb-16 20:35:18

Had a good start to SW 6 weeks ago, lost 5lbs in the first week. However, I'm struggling now. I seem to be on a path of self sabotage. I have not been on plan at all for about 2 weeks now. I am so cross with myself. I have eaten syns GALORE and I just don't want to stop. In principle, I agree with the plan. I think it's safe, nutrituous and healthy - and ultimately doable. So why the hell am I doing this to myself? I have literally eaten every few hours for days (off plan food). Has anyone else experienced this?

Pidapie Fri 26-Feb-16 20:54:12

I do this, and have no idea how to stop sad So I will follow your thread and hope someone more useful comes along!

Imnotaslimjim Fri 26-Feb-16 20:57:53

Realising what it is, is the first step to getting back on track

Understanding WHY you do it is the next step

I've recently done a 12 week programme through the NHS on healthy eating and it gave a great insight into why we do it here

Once you understand why you do it, you'll stop stepping off the plan

I'm on attempt 2 this year. I lost a stone, then binged. Now I'm trying again

Imnotaslimjim Fri 26-Feb-16 20:58:36

Realising what it is, is the first step to getting back on track

Understanding WHY you do it is the next step

I've recently done a 12 week programme through the NHS on healthy eating and it gave a great insight into why we do it here

Once you understand why you do it, you'll stop stepping off the plan

I'm on attempt 2 this year. I lost a stone, then binged. Now I'm trying again

Crumblevision Fri 26-Feb-16 21:30:39

Thanks Imnot, I will have a look at that link.

Crumblevision Fri 26-Feb-16 21:53:45

Bumping for the late crowd - any more?

Katenka Sat 27-Feb-16 19:47:55

I would suggest writing everything down. Regardless of everything you eat. Work out the Syns.

I would also record how it makes you feel.

This is in the short term.

Long term you need to get to the bottom of why.

I stopped myself binging by really think about wether I wanted something and if it was going to get me closer to my goal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now