27 weeks pregnant and thinking of joining

(12 Posts)
Everythinggettingbigger Wed 24-Feb-16 14:37:24

think its too late to start now? I'm not expecting to lose weight, just not put any extra on. I already pretty much follow the plan as I was going and lost the final 10lb from having my first child. I've noticed i've put quite a bit of weight on already, I've not weighed myself but I can certainly see and feel it on my back and hips. I have a lot going on after my due date, one of them being bridesmaid a few weeks later and really don't want to feel as bad as I did after having my son, I went from an 8 to a 14, and at 5ft that was a big change!

I've tried following it myself but I just need the discipline!

kaymondo Wed 24-Feb-16 14:46:08

Watching with interest as I was wondering the other day whether they would let you join when pregnant (as opposed to letting someone who is already a member continue).

I'm in a similar position to you, 23 weeks and can feel the weight piling on - not normally an issue but I have some additional risk factors with this pregnancy which means that keeping my weight gain within recommended limits would be a big plus. I was doing really well until I went on holiday for half term! blush

I'm obviously not looking to lose weight, just to keep weight gain sensible and proportionate. I can get back on track and monitor at home but I do sometimes find that having the structure of a plan like SW helps - I was going to WW before I was pregnant but they kicked me out once I told them. smile

Everythinggettingbigger Wed 24-Feb-16 15:04:05

are you not allowed to do WW when pregnant?? shock

I think that's why I like slimming world, I know it works and its just mostly healthy eating! WW etc is more of a diet.

I know you can join when pregnant just not sure if there is a cut off time scale if you get me, like before 20 weeks etc

Katenka Wed 24-Feb-16 18:13:42

There have been a few members at mine that joined in various stages of pregnancy. You get extra healthy extras I believe and I don't think they encourage weight loss as such.

One member just came back after having her baby. She joined at 10 weeks pg as she put loads of weight on with her first. The baby is 6 weeks (she came back when the baby was 4 weeks old) and is a couple of pounds off where she wants to be already. She is really happy.

Katenka Wed 24-Feb-16 18:14:36

Best thing to do would be to go on the website and get the number for the consultant at the club you want to join and ring them and ask.

Everythinggettingbigger Wed 24-Feb-16 20:03:26

Thanks katenka

Tomboyinatutu Wed 24-Feb-16 20:13:48

I am almost 20 weeks pregnant and I have been going throughout the whole of my pregnancy. I put alot of weight on during my last pregnancy and felt awful afterwards. I am under a consultant though who is keeping an eye on the babies growth and he has told me to carry on with slimming world as I am getting my bmi down. I would say it is definitely worth a go

Tomboyinatutu Wed 24-Feb-16 20:14:53

Forgot to mention, my sister recently joined aswel and she is 28 weeks pregnant so they will let you join

tabulahrasa Wed 24-Feb-16 23:35:44

Yes you can join while you're pregnant - you'll need to get your midwife to ok it though.

Everythinggettingbigger Thu 25-Feb-16 08:45:42

Thanks ladies. Joining my local one tonight but don't see my midwife until Monday do you think I will have to wait until next Thursday?

Katenka Thu 25-Feb-16 08:47:12

Does you local MW team have an advice number?

Ours did. You could call them and ask things like this. Sometimes it wasn't the MW I would usually see but they would be able to let you know.

Or call the consultant and ask if you need something in writing.

Tomboyinatutu Thu 25-Feb-16 09:51:45

The slimming world consultant should give you a form for your midwife to sign

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now