Talk

Advanced search

Do you weigh yourself in between group weekly weigh ins

(6 Posts)
fraggle84 Sat 13-Feb-16 08:48:52

Need to focus, weigh in is on a Monday for me, I do well up to friday then I lose focus.

No real reason for this as I'm a sahp so plenty time to go food shopping and easy to prepare lunches as have oven etc

Would weighing myself Friday morning help? We don't own a set of scales but wonder if I should buy one

OP’s posts: |
Katenka Sat 13-Feb-16 10:28:33

I weigh in Monday and weighed myself this morning.

I don't take note of the numbers to closely just to see if there is a difference.

I find weekends harder than mid week. I work from home so not sure why. Probably because I have less to do.

DamedifYouDo Sat 13-Feb-16 11:03:21

I weight every morning, scale in the same place without clothes. It keeps me motivated and there are no nasty surprises! If I've not stuck to the plan and I see a gain it motivates me to get back on plan asap if I've been sticking to plan and see a loss I feel encouraged and if I have been on plan but the scales show no progress I take a look back at my diary.

It works for me, 6 kg in 6 weeks - online member so no group WI.

There is some research that says dieters who weigh every day are more likely to reach their goal.

www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/lJ0tjmnq1djGt52Y4CFJWL/can-my-scales-ever-be-wrong

Mummyme87 Sat 13-Feb-16 15:36:47

I am a serial weigher. Like horrendous. I can weigh four times a day. It does keep me on track and so far isn't detrimental to my weight loss

thenewaveragebear1983 Sat 13-Feb-16 15:41:27

I weigh in on a Wednesday at group. I'll weigh at home on a Monday to see if I need to eat dust be extra good to undo the weekend! My scales weigh 1.5lb lighter than sw scales so I'll sometimes weigh in before group. I see it as a symptom of not being on plan though, and the more times I weigh generally correlates with how naughty I've been.

TwoTonTessie Sun 14-Feb-16 08:14:59

I weigh myself several times a week just so I can keep on track and reign it in if I've gained. Luckily my home scales always seem to match those at group so I can be quite accurate.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in