Talk

Advanced search

Free food taster ideas.

(7 Posts)
Ningnang2000 Mon 01-Feb-16 20:52:01

Hello

I go to sw class straight from work so I need to bring something that can be served cold. I've not brought anything the last couple of tasters because I kept forgetting! I really want to contribute but struggling to find something free.
Any ideas?

HappyHippyChick Mon 01-Feb-16 20:56:56

Can you make some of those mini breakfast muffins (egg, ham, peppers etc) in muffin cases. Or some SW dip with crudités (hummus or tzatziki?

HappyHippyChick Mon 01-Feb-16 20:59:04

Or in the book that you get there is a syn free snack section and they have SW coleslaw wrapped in turkey slices (you could assemble them when you arrive rather than try and drag them in and out of work already made.

HappyHippyChick Mon 01-Feb-16 20:59:17

Or fresh fruit kebabs?

Ningnang2000 Mon 01-Feb-16 21:15:08

Last time someone did the muffins and another lady already said she was bringing dips. Fruit kebabs not a bad idea but feel they are a but of a cheat!

FannyFanakapan Mon 01-Feb-16 21:19:50

at our last taster:

Falafel
crustless quiche
scotch eggs

does the venue have a microwave where you could warm something through - make in the slow cooker overnight, plonk into a tupperware and then reheat when you get there.

BigSandyBalls2015 Mon 01-Feb-16 21:23:19

Chickpea Dahl loaf - Google it, sounds fab.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now