Is anyone an online member?

(23 Posts)
redmimi Sun 31-Jan-16 08:31:12

And if so, does it work for you?

I have about 3 stone to lose and have had success with SW before but have gone to a group. The timings don't really work for me with local groups and I admit I find the image therapy a bit cringey.

I'm thinking of joining online as I can't do it completely alone. Not sure if it will be motivating enough though without the pressure of a public weigh in.

I'd be interested to hear how anyone else has got on. Thanks.

DamedifYouDo Sun 31-Jan-16 11:47:33

I joined online at the new year, I have 5+ stones to lose and so far it's been straightforward, I've lost 12 lb and haven't felt deprived. I have the support of family members and report in on weight day - so there is some peer pressure to keep going! Facebook pages and the support threads on here are very helpful. It's working for me so far!!

siouxsioux Sun 31-Jan-16 12:09:34

I have just rejoined but did join in 2012 and I lost 2st I have to say it was then so easy to follow and I lost the weight in 5 months. I still have a further 2st to lose and am determined to lose it by the end of the year. I like to do it online as you have no pressure and do not feel pressurised and everything you need to know is on the website. I have encouraged an elderly relative who is in a wheelchair and in just two weeks he has come alive again and has lost 8lb so for him not being able to go to the groups this has been great. The two of us help each other.

redmimi Sun 31-Jan-16 12:52:22

Thanks, I'm going to have a proper look at the online plan and hope to join on Tuesday. We're on our way back from holiday where I have felt fat fat fat so it's time to do something!!

wowser3 Sun 31-Jan-16 15:17:58

I joined online on Jan the 2nd and I have lost half a stone. It might've been quicker but I like a flexi syn day on a weekend for wine and treats smile I'm happy to have my treats and see a slower loss, but I've lost every week.
I find this forum has helped me more than when I went to a group some years back. I feel shy asking questions in a big group , and sometimes people don't have the answers whine put on the spot. I have had some good advice here as people have time to think about a reply. The ladies here seem to know more than some leaders. I have had some great food ideas here too as these ladies are living in the real world instead of giving you material that slimming world happen to have printed or that week.

wowser3 Sun 31-Jan-16 15:19:19

Darn typos, wish I could edit them!
Where did you go on hols?

emmaluvseeyore Sun 31-Jan-16 16:26:20

I have been an online member since April 2015 and have lost around 3.5 stones so far.

I've got good support from family and I've used this group a lot for support. I do think you have to be quite motivated to stick with it online though. You have to make sure you are still weighing every week even if you know you haven't done well.

redmimi Sun 31-Jan-16 19:09:58

Well done everyone, I am definitely motivated to join and it's good to know there's support here! We have been to Lapland, beautiful but 5 layers and a snowsuit did nothing for my self esteem so time for action. Tempted to have a final fling with a takeaway when we get back from the airport which I know is the wrong attitude. I'll try to check back in to make sure I join.

MissBattleaxe Sun 31-Jan-16 19:23:06

Yes I'm online and it works for me. I love being able to list what I eat and it tots up what you're doing for you. It's fab and as a silver member I get the magazine free too.

dietstartstomo Sun 31-Jan-16 19:25:42

Hi, I am starting online tomorrow . I would like to lose 2 stones. What's the flexi syn day ?

wowser3 Mon 01-Feb-16 06:45:27

Lapland. Ah lovely. I'm
Going to Norway next week, I'm thinking it'll be similar. I'll probably feel fat in all my layers too!
Flexi syns dietstartstomo are when you pick a higher amount of syns to have that day and stick to them. Eh. I like a bottle of wine for 25 syns, so I say I'm having that and stick to that. Obviously don't do that every day but as a weekend treat. Losses may be slower but it's how it's working best for me. If I don't have my treat I'll get miserable and give up.

scarfaceace Mon 01-Feb-16 17:25:47

My SW magazine has an offer - a 3-month Gold membership for the price of the Silver. It says:

'Choose the Gold membership package then use the code SWMAG122 when you get to the payment page.' Offer valid until 11th February 2016.

Hope that helps anyone joining in the next 11 days.

redmimi Mon 01-Feb-16 20:03:51

Thanks wow set, hope you have a great holiday. It's a beautiful part of the world. I love my wine too so will look into flexi syns.

That's brilliant thanks scarface!

redmimi Mon 01-Feb-16 20:04:31

Wowser I meant, not wow set!

redmimi Tue 02-Feb-16 10:12:14

I've joined! Feeling motivated as I'm determined to feel happier and healthier, I waste so much time feeling miserable about my size.

Did you sign up yesterday diet? Good luck with it.

Thanks for the code scarface, it worked fine.

loopsylala Sun 07-Feb-16 22:23:51

I'm thinking of joining online but a, its expensive and b, last time I tried it, there wasn't much online for the money compared to the WW website. How do others find it?

Welliesandwings Tue 09-Feb-16 10:37:11

I'm an online member and it's fine. The only thing I haven't got is group support but otherwise I've access to syns online, body magic, recipes etc. It works for me, I've lost 13lbs in 4 weeks.

KatieT12 Fri 19-Feb-16 19:15:56

I find that the group is much better, but that's just me!!! Good luck thanks

WipsGlitter Wed 24-Feb-16 14:04:59

Does the online explain clearly how it works?

MissBattleaxe Mon 29-Feb-16 10:59:25

I think online is good value. I particularity like the weight loss graph (including the predicted weight loss, so I can see how much I should weigh in a few weeks), the recipes, the inspiring stories, the syns calculator, the menu planners, the "what I ate" form which tots up your total syns and speed foods etc, and all the nice photos of recipe ideas.

I think it's a good resource and worth the money. I've lost 16 lbs since Jan and that's despite a couple of off plan lunches out and a couple of off plans glasses (OK bottles) of wine. I'm doing it slow and steady and I don't get hung up if I have a low loss or no loss week.

WipsGlitter Wed 02-Mar-16 11:09:45

I'm not sure about it. Finding it hard to navigate through the site, would prefer something more like my fitness pal. The magazines will be good though.

Lovemytent Wed 02-Mar-16 20:57:20

What is the price difference (if any)? I attend a weekly group. Onlu been twice so far but at 90mins per time I am finding its just too long for me. I know you can weigh and leave but is the online cheaper ? I pay 4.95 each week at the moment - could i change to an online membership ?

WipsGlitter Wed 02-Mar-16 22:29:07

It's about £20 per month. Access to a weight tracker, recipes, food planners, downloadables and magazine each month. The food diary is crap though. And the site generally is hard to navigate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now