Talk

Advanced search

So I've downloaded the free 7 day menu...

(5 Posts)
Fallulah Fri 15-Jan-16 20:45:33

I have a lot to lose and have few friends who have lost on Slimming World (despite eating mountains of pasta and potatoes, which blows my mind). I love cooking but hate constantly weighing, counting and logging things, hence I don't really get on with MFP or Weight watchers.

I've downloaded the 7 day menu from the site to try, but just wondered if I can do some mix and matching. There is only me to feed so, for example, if I make a SW chicken Korma, can I have that on more than one day? And can I ditch the cereal from one day, replacing it with eggs from another? Guess I don't really understand how it all works yet and can't get much info from the site prior to paying...

frikadela01 Fri 15-Jan-16 20:49:04

You could only swap the cereal if you swapped it for something similar like bread. I've not seen the 7 day menu but cereal is a healthy extra and one of the things gs that have to be measured and restricted whereas eggs can be eaten freely.
If you the look of the 7 day menu appeals to tou my advice would be to join a group so you can get the books and the new.members.talk.

ChessieFL Sat 16-Jan-16 08:43:17

The menu plan is just suggestions. As long as you're having your healthy extras each day and sticking to a max of 15 syns, swap away!

PennyHasNoSurname Sat 16-Jan-16 08:51:10

You can have as many eggs as you like for as many days as you like. With the cereal they are a "B Choice" so dont remove them all together each day but either swap the time (bowl before bed or for lunch).or swap the B Choice - brown bread or ceetain cereal bars. Similarly the dairy - thats an "A choice" so you really ought to fill that quota per day rather than not having one day and doubling up the rest.

calzone Sat 16-Jan-16 08:54:57

Fallulah, come and join us on the SW support thread. You can ask all your questions and we will help you.

So the plan is very low fat.
1/3 plate to be filled with free vegetables ie salad, broccoli, carrots
Eat as much pasta, rice, meats and chicken, fish as you like.
On top of that, you can have 2 healthy extras. One of which is a milk/cheese one and the other is bread/cereals.
Include 5-15 syns per day.

This is the very basic plan. As you get to grips with it you will learn more and the switches you can make.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now