Talk

Advanced search

Am I eating too much? Sw..

(34 Posts)
Shootingstar2289 Wed 06-Jan-16 19:28:20

I started slimming world on Monday but feel like I am eating too many carbs.

Today I ate two bits of nimble toast for breakfast with 1tsp of low fat spread (1syn) with half a tin of beans.

As this was early this mornng. I ended up eating two Muller lights, a small pack of frazzles (5.5 syns) and some strawberries.

For lunch I had pasta in sauce (free?). Before tea I snacked on another Muller lighy (need to stop the temptation) and a lolly (2.5 syns).

For tea I made a massive free cottage pie and had a HUGE serving with loads of cauliflower on the side. Also a little cheese as a healthy extra.

Does this sound good enough?

I feel like I've eaten too many potatoes with the tea..

ChessieFL Sun 17-Jan-16 10:37:41

You're meant to choose speed foods as snacks above other free foods. It's not that you can't have the other stuff but speed foods should be your first choice.

ohtobeslimagain Sun 17-Jan-16 11:14:13

I'm not losing but gaininghmm sticking ridgedly but not going to loo as much could that be it?

YTBS2016 Thu 21-Jan-16 13:16:43

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Lynmorag Sun 24-Feb-19 15:45:41

Hello, I'm very new to slimming world, only started this week. I want to lose weight fast as getting married in May so am trying to not use my syns and just have protein and veg with potatoes now and then. I have ate the occasional baby bel but assumed that wud be as a healthy option plus I have skimmed milk for my coffees. I hear people say Use your syns, is it ok not to? I really do want and need to lose as much as I can as I wud love to lose at least a stone, I'm currently sitting at 12st 9lbs

Groovee Mon 25-Feb-19 13:05:05

@Lynmorag everyone is different when it comes to syns. I find cutting back on mine doesn't help me at all. But when I have at least 10 a day, I have good losses.

By following the food optimising plan then you are getting a balanced eating plan. If you don't want crisps chocolates etc, look at using them on olives, avocado, olive oil instead.

edgen2019 Mon 25-Feb-19 16:17:40

Groovee, I am pleased with my weight loss the only problem I have is trying to keep warm. I wear 3/4 layers of clothing, having the heating on all day and still feel cold. Have you experienced this at all?

Groovee Mon 25-Feb-19 16:40:44

Yes @edgen2019 I'm always cold and my colleague who is a natural size 6 is always cold too. We both have work cardigans and have numerous layers for going outside. My GP said it could be because "you've lost your padding!" And when I thought about it, yep that's true.

It's been a mare over the past few months as our boiler keeps breaking down, and I've been wearing my dressing gown as it's been so cold. My onesies are all too big. 🙈

edgen2019 Mon 25-Feb-19 18:19:46

Groovee- Think I would go into a decline if my boiler broke down! Visited Superstore today for coffee, sat down, looked around and noticed I was the only one wearing a duffle coat! looked out of place but the thought of taking my coat off was too daunting.

Groovee Mon 25-Feb-19 19:44:27

Just awaiting dh putting the new one in now. He's a gas engineer but obviously this is his busy time.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: