Talk

Advanced search

Working long shifts & Slimming World

(4 Posts)
LadyMaryofDownt0n Sun 13-Dec-15 21:00:36

Can anyone give me ideas about what I should take with me to work?

Breakfasts before I go to work?

I am working 12hr shifts and usually only get a breakfast (at home) or a lunch at work (by which time am really hungry). I dont have access to a microwave.

Sometime, vary rarely the chef in duty will make dinners. All ides appreciated. However I am allergic to egg/egg products.

Thanks.

maygirl Sun 13-Dec-15 22:25:37

Soup in a flask. Homemade or the slimming world free ones, or the Heathy extra B ones. Raw veg , fruit, yogurts, chicken drumsticks, ham, cold low syn sausages, cheese triangles/babybels with ryvita . Tinned sardines/tuna to open at work. Bags of ready washed salad . Cottage cheese , pasta salad. B choices Overnight oats, Hi fi bars/ Alpen lights, Ryvita minis - though I can't find these anywhere at the moment! HTH

LadyMaryofDownt0n Mon 14-Dec-15 11:26:10

Thanks think I'll go for a pasta salad today. I need to get a flask & a lunchbag/cool bag. I've no where really to store anything.

Staying on track is becoming harder with these shifts.

BarbaraofSeville Thu 17-Dec-15 11:24:49

i was going to suggest pasta salad - can you get egg free mayonnaise? I make mine with pasta, tuna, spring onion, sweet corn, a tiny bit of mayonnaise and a bit of yogurt too.

Or tinned mixed beans, tuna, peppers, tomatoes?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now