Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Why have I only lost 0.66 pounds in a week?

(9 Posts)
paul63209 Fri 27-Nov-15 21:41:44

I am a 22 year old, slightly overweight man. I eat too much. I binge on cake, chocolate, sweets etc.

For the first time I have gone a whole week without eating anything sugary. I was feeling proud of myself until I stood on the scales and I had only lost 0.66 pounds!!!

That is pathetic!! How can that be? I've been eating a million calories less and exercising loads more. I was expecting to have lost 1-2 pounds at least.

Whats going on?

Thank you.

DickDewy Fri 27-Nov-15 21:44:32

I don't know - have you eaten lots of carbs?

GlitteryFluff Fri 27-Nov-15 21:55:09

What are your portions like elsewhere?
No cake is good.
Replacing it with a massive dinner instead ruins the good.
I'd spend a few days weighing your normal portion vs what the packet tells you is normal and see the difference. You'll probably be shocked. Then stick to eating what the packet says.

emwithme Fri 27-Nov-15 22:03:38

Have you been eating enough? Drinking enough water?

Made sure you've had at least 1/3 of every plate speed foods?

Had your healthy extras?

GlitteryFluff Fri 27-Nov-15 22:06:59

Ignore my post! I didn't realise this was in the slimming world section, it came up on active threads. I don't know anything about slimming world so my advice is probably not helpful. Sorry. blush

MissFitt68 Fri 27-Nov-15 22:08:15

You've posted in 'slimming world'

Have you followed the weirdy red/green thing with a million 'muller lights'?

lighteningirl Sat 28-Nov-15 20:03:19

If you are following SW it absolutely isn't about your portion size as long as it's on the Free Food list eat as much as you like. Write everything down on the Food Diary and give it to the pay person they will give it to consultant and she will quickly spot any potential errors. Am a bit puzzled by the .66 SW scales don't weigh like that.

CuffsAndCollar Sun 29-Nov-15 00:30:04

It can take a couple of weeks to start losing reasonable amounts for some people. You will probably have a bigger loss in the second or third week.

CuffsAndCollar Sun 29-Nov-15 00:32:38

Red / green are not the advertised plans anymore (although successful for loads of people) and no need for muller lights if you don't like them. Good job sticking to it, hang in there. Nothing 'weirdy' about it, sensible choice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now