Talk

Advanced search

Pulled pork recipe too tomatey and not BBQy?

(3 Posts)
cjt110 Mon 16-Nov-15 11:40:18

I used the following SW recipe over pork loin chops last night:

1.5-2kg pork shoulder, all fat removed
5 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp mustard powder
500g passata
3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
3 tbsp sweetener
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

I halved the recipe and cooked the chops in a casserole dish, lid on for 1 hr 15 mins. It was tasty but not BBQy.

What am I doing wrong? Does anyone else have any recipe/sauce suggestions?
Thanks

trinitybleu Tue 17-Nov-15 13:23:15

That sounds like the SW BBQ recipe, which usually comes out quite BBQ-y .... maybe make it seperate and then pour over? I make a big batch and freeze.

ProcrastinatorGeneral Thu 19-Nov-15 21:43:25

I have no idea why pulled pork needs tomato while cooking?

Pork shoulder joint, fat removed.

Make a dry rub, I use garlic granules, onion granules, salt, black pepper, smoked paprika, chilli powder, celery salt, a generous pinch of dried thyme. Rub the mix all over the pork joint, into all the book and crannies. Leave it to absorb for half an hour or so a room temp. Bing it in a slow cooker for eight hours on low, or the equivalent time in the oven (covered) on really low. Remove meat from the juices, set aside covered to rest. Pour stock and spice into a pan, add another teaspoon or two of your spice mix, add a squirt of tomato purée and a pinch of brown sugar, reduce until it's the desired thickness. Shred your pork and dunk it into your sauce.

I am now bloody starving grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now