Talk

Advanced search

Not losing weight

(8 Posts)
wonderpants Sat 14-Nov-15 13:34:13

I've done SW before and I'm probably heavier than I've ever been. I have been doing it 3 weeks and lost 1lb.
I cannot see for the life of me why I'm not getting the big early losses I've had previously on SW. I'm starting to wonder if I have buggered up my metabolism or something!
So do I carry on, or change tack?

emmaluvseeyore Sat 14-Nov-15 14:57:57

Firstly, are you honestly writing down everything you eat and drink? I suspect you may have some hidden syns in there that you aren't counting.

Secondly, are you having speed foods for 1/3 of all your meals?

I do think that SW won't work for everyone, but try the above first before giving up.

ChessieFL Sat 14-Nov-15 16:41:01

Those in my group who have done it before often find they're doing things from old plans e.g. Counting baked beans as speed foods. This meant they weren't actually having a third of their meal as speed foods. Are you sure you're sticking fully to the extra easy plan and not letting the old plans sneak in?

wonderpants Sat 14-Nov-15 16:49:19

Yep, no went completely back to basics, checking everything in the book. No uncounted syns and lots of fruit and veg!
I'm vegetarian so EE is more restrictive that then green plan I used to follow!

OrianaBanana Sun 15-Nov-15 08:48:35

Has the Leader been checking your diary? smile

Nicegreenhandbag Sun 15-Nov-15 11:34:41

I'm struggling too and not seeing the big losses. I think I'm not having anywhere near enough speed and filling on things like potatoes even though they're 'on plan'. Sticking with it though and trying to drink lots more water .

I agree though it's a fine balance between doing really well or totally rubbish.

wonderpants Sun 15-Nov-15 14:16:32

The leader has had my diaries but not provided any feedback as she forgot to bring them back!
I've fallen off the wagon this weekend, but back at it tomorrow. I might try a different group for a more helpful leader!

CalmYoBadSelf Sun 15-Nov-15 14:21:02

I used to do really well on SW when it was red and green days but have had no success at all since it went to EE. I think the previous diets gave flexibility for people to find a way of eating that suited them, EE either works or doesn't

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now