Talk

Advanced search

Miss Slinky nominations.......admit it over here.....worst competition name ever!

(18 Posts)
calzone Fri 06-Nov-15 07:29:13

And yes, despite my horror at the name of the award, I was nominated.

Which is flattering but reminds me of cheesy beauty pageants.......

Who has been nominated on Mumsnet? Confess all.

ProcrastinatorGeneral Fri 06-Nov-15 14:58:12

I was nominated but messaged my consultant person to decline. Nooooo way was I going through that! grin

AddictedtoGreys Fri 06-Nov-15 15:25:47

I was nominated! But didn't win lol

TombStoneTessie Fri 06-Nov-15 15:45:23

Congrats calzone grin flowers

TombStoneTessie Fri 06-Nov-15 15:46:01

We need a sash emoticon

iklboo Fri 06-Nov-15 15:48:41

I do fall downstairs a lot.......

OrianaBanana Fri 06-Nov-15 17:34:45

Congratulations! I was not nominated angry

goodenoughal Fri 06-Nov-15 17:42:45

I just knew that I was going to win last year, as I'd just reached target, losing nearly 5 stone. I seriously considered not going that week I was so confused about the whole slinky thing.

I did go though and my sash now hangs proudly from my kitchen door.

tabulahrasa Fri 06-Nov-15 21:11:17

I have a sash too.

SkirkLass Sat 07-Nov-15 18:34:51

I got nominated, I feel chuffed, I joined the group on my own and didn't know anyone there. I think it's really lovely that the group nominated me, they're a friendly bunch. I'm going to take along my fat pants to next week's group grin.

TombStoneTessie Sat 07-Nov-15 19:36:26

Is it the time of year for this award then? Never heard it mentioned at club before.

tabulahrasa Sat 07-Nov-15 19:54:25

Yes it should have been done this week

ProcrastinatorGeneral Sat 07-Nov-15 23:56:18

None of the winners got a sash this year in the groups I know of. Perhaps they stopped them?

tabulahrasa Sun 08-Nov-15 00:32:55

The consultant has to buy the sashes in, some choose not to...but they should still run the competition.

BarbaraofSeville Mon 09-Nov-15 18:44:41

I agree - it's a terrible name. But I find all the SW competitions totally cringeworthy - Woman and Man of the Year, Target member of the year, Miss Slinky.

In my group the Miss Slinky winner plays rugby and is built like a rugby player. She's a lovely person and is doing really well with her weight loss - she has lost a few stone already in the time it has taken me to lose just over a stone, but slinky is the last thing she is grin.

TwoTonTessie Tue 10-Nov-15 21:46:11

I have won a Miss Slinky award too blush. It was a nice surprise and I have a lovely sash and certificate grin

ChessieFL Fri 13-Nov-15 11:34:44

I don't like the competitions although perhaps that's just down to my group. The same people always get nominated so it's always the same few who win everything. It ends up as a bit of a popularity contest in my opinion, as it comes down to how well your group know/like you so they nominate/vote for you, rather than it being due to what you've actually achieved.

ChessieFL Fri 13-Nov-15 11:35:59

Sorry, don't mean to take anything away from those who have won, as I said I think it's down to my group rather than the competitions themselves!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now