Talk

Advanced search

First Weigh In Tonight

(13 Posts)
cjt110 Tue 27-Oct-15 09:17:54

I feel I've done well this week, havent felt deprived, have felt full and had some treats along the way. Hoping I have done ok. I definitely do feel I've lost something - whether that be weight or just bloatedness.

I know I shouldnt but I had a sneaky weigh last night and found I've lost approx 3lbs. Hoping it shows true at the scales tonight!

emmaluvseeyore Tue 27-Oct-15 09:36:03

Good luck!

cjt110 Tue 27-Oct-15 10:28:42

Thanks emma I remember you posting on my posts last week. What a week since then!

emmaluvseeyore Tue 27-Oct-15 12:16:01

Somehow I managed to lose 1.6kg this week and got my 18kg award smile No idea how as we ate so much "convenience food" rather than cooking proper meals! I currently have a horrible cold so not in the mood for cooking sad

cjt110 Tue 27-Oct-15 12:29:22

I really cant wait for weigh in tonight - I really hope I do ok! Oh colds suck - I dont blame you for not wanting to cook!

cjt110 Wed 28-Oct-15 09:23:36

Well, I lost 1.5lbs smile

But, I was quite disappointed in the way in which the lady weighing me spoke to me. Quite abrupt and rude in my opinion so whether I will go to class again, we shall see.

FlopIsMyParentingGuru Wed 28-Oct-15 09:31:09

If it happens again if encourage you to see if there was another group to go to. It really is a lot easier to stick to plan when you're attending group.
I've done SW before pre babies and have been back for four months or so and I still learn new things from going to group, sometimes new products people are enjoying or just hints and tips.

cjt110 Wed 28-Oct-15 09:43:45

Flop I joined Slimming World last week. I am a previous WW member but decided to give something else a go.

So a friend introduced me to the group leader who basically wafted a clipboard in my face, told me to sit in this kind of side room and complete the form and she would go through the plan "in a short while" I was left sat there like piffy on a rock for 15 mins with this other new member whilst the main group were getting weighed, getting drinks for themselves etc. She went through the plan briefly with us both and then said to come and join the main meeting. I went back to my friend who introduced me to the ladies she was sat with, one of which turned out to be a lecturer of mine from uni. She said how great it was to see me etc etc then with that kind of face "Why on earth are you even here, you dont need to lose any weight" I felt it was a bit of a.... not catty but that kind of comment.

So last night when I got weighed and said 1.5lbs is that all in a laughing jokey way the weigher said "yes thats fine". In a very monotone tone and then said "You havent got a lot to lose anyway" (I have 15lbs to lose) I said oh I have and smiled and she went "OH PLEASE!"

I felt so humiliated. I had also heard this woman chastise the man before me "Oh A... You've put Xlbs on this week - what on EARTH have you been doing"

Just feel quite nervous about going back to what seems an unwelcoming and unfriendly group. Ok, I may not have a lot to lose compared to others but thats not the point.

emmaluvseeyore Wed 28-Oct-15 09:54:41

1.5lbs lost is great when you only have 15lbs to lose! You should be really proud of yourself. I can kinda see where they are coming from because the majority of people there will have quite a bit to lose I imagine. So you saying that 15lbs is a lot to lose may make them feel really bad. Just trying to look at it from their perspective. Also, with the chastising of that man, that could easily be a bit of lighthearted humour between them. If I had been going a while and knew everyone really well, I wouldn't find that chastising at all.

cjt110 Wed 28-Oct-15 11:38:47

You might be right emma but I still found it quite unfriendly. At the end of the day, if 15lbs isnt enough to lose, raise the minimum weight joining level. And in some ways, it may well be harder for me to lose as I have less to lose and also an underactive thyroid.

emmaluvseeyore Wed 28-Oct-15 12:09:51

It will be harder for you to lose that amount, as it is for everyone who is near their target. It is understandable that you found it unfriendly, and if I were in that situation I would have told them how I felt. I am someone who is confident enough to do that though - I know many people aren't. I would go along for a couple more weeks and see how it is. If you aren't happy, then find another group or become an online member.

FlopIsMyParentingGuru Thu 29-Oct-15 12:27:50

In the end you're doing this for you and if you are not getting the support that you need to lose the weight you want to lose then it's not something you should be paying for.
It won't be as easy if you don't feel supported, even if it just "the way the leader is", their job is to provide you with a support service.
Are there any groups locally you could change to?

tabulahrasa Fri 30-Oct-15 09:29:46

That's absolutely not what should be happening at the scales, that's very different from a friendly comment about it being a good loss when you don't have that much to lose (which it is btw).

If you feel able to, do tell the consultant, even just a text, because she needs to know that her weigh person isn't following guidelines.

If you don't feel up to it, see if there are other groups nearby, you don't have to rejoin, it's just literally a click on the computer at pay to swap you over.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: