Talk

Advanced search

Old syns v new syns

(3 Posts)
Kjt74 Thu 22-Oct-15 17:35:35

Hi, I'm new to this slimming world malarkey and have bought a few recipe books as Jamie Oliver doesn't have anything to worry about with my culinary talents or lack thereof! Some of the old books....such as best ever recipes:40 years of food optimising don't have the syns listed for the extra easy plan...just original and green....is there a way of working out what they'd be on the extra easy plan? I don't want to guess!

socktastic Thu 22-Oct-15 17:37:56

It should just be whatever is the lowest amount. Green days limited meats whilst promoting vegetables, rice etc. and red days did the opposite. Now that they're combined, nothing is limited or promoted so take the lower value each time. You could also go through the ingredients in your book and just check that none of them now need to be synned for. EE is so much more straightforward than old school red/green.

Kjt74 Thu 22-Oct-15 17:44:39

Thanks socktastic...that makes sense. I never thought of checking the book! forehead slap

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now