Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant - when do I tell my consultant?

(11 Posts)
socktastic Thu 22-Oct-15 16:39:48

I found out I'm pregnant a couple of days ago. I had a miscarriage earlier this year so I don't want to take any risks this time round and my aim is to keep myself as healthy as possible. Since March, I've lost 2.5 stone through Slimming World and I really enjoy the plan.

Question is though, when should I tell my consultant? I really don't want people knowing this time round. I'm even debating whether to tell the parents!

Any advice?

thenewaveragebear1983 Thu 22-Oct-15 18:43:55

Straight away, 'call target' as it's free for target members while you're pregnant and for 6 weeks afterwards. Congratulations! I avoided for the first 12 weeks as I had terrible morning sickness, and lost my. Mojo totally. I never went back and I've put on loads.

socktastic Fri 23-Oct-15 16:50:56

Thanks bear. Calling target seems like a good idea. Had horrendous sickness last time round so this might aid the weight loss too! Do many people stay to group in later stages of pregnancy? My group is made up of nans!

3luckystars Sat 24-Oct-15 11:00:07

What does target mean?

3luckystars Sat 24-Oct-15 13:03:05

Sorry I should have said, how can you "call target" isn't that set at the very beginning? Can it be changed like that?

socktastic Sat 24-Oct-15 13:45:55

You can change it as you like. My first target was an interim one which I reset when I hit it. Just speak to whoever is on weigh in your group.

3luckystars Sat 24-Oct-15 14:41:15

Oh I set my target at a ridiculous weight! I will change it for sure, thank you.
I spoke to the sw consultant and she said you can have 2 more healthy options when pregnant. Interesting.

emwithme Sat 24-Oct-15 15:03:20

Yes, you get more HEs when pregnant and a ridiculous amount when (if) you breastfeed - something like 8 in total, of which at least 4 should be HEAs, so you're getting enough calcium.

DH and I are going to be TTC early next year; when our District Manager came round (to get us to sign up to be consultants) I asked her re the pregnancy and she said that you should tell your consultant as soon as you know as the plan changes (more HEs) and they don't worry so much about weight gains (but do keep an eye on losses)

thenewaveragebear1983 Sat 24-Oct-15 18:43:28

Just reset your target to what you currently weigh, so effectively you've reached your target. I've been told I get 5 H E's as I'm breastfeeding. I wish I'd kept going during my pregnancy as I've put on over 3 stone and have to start all over again!

AtAt Mon 02-Nov-15 18:38:19

I'm TTC at the moment after a miscarriage. So, when I know I'm pregnant, I should say I'm at target? I know there's a rule at target that you have 3lb either side to play with, does that not apply when pregnant? Just want to know for when I get pregnant. Congratulations sock

thenewaveragebear1983 Mon 02-Nov-15 21:45:16

No, if you're a target member, you can gain weight and it's still free, plus it's free for 6 weeks after the baby's born. Then after 6 weeks if you're of target range you have to pay again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now