Talk

Advanced search

Is Slimming World essentially just "healthy eating"?

(11 Posts)
JuneMonsoon Sun 16-Aug-15 16:56:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PickleSarnie Sun 16-Aug-15 17:20:54

Pretty much.

It's not rocket science at all. But part of the reason it works for me i. e. I stick to it is precisely because I'm paying a fiver a week to stand on some scales.

emwithme Sun 16-Aug-15 18:51:55

Same here! It's healthy eating, limiting the "bad" stuff, regulating the "good for you in smaller quantities" stuff, making sure you eat a balanced diet and I don't want to throw a fiver a week away so I go to group every week and STAY!

I could quite easily weigh myself at home (or at Boots for 50p) but there's no accountability if I do that.

lighteningirl Sun 16-Aug-15 18:56:46

Yes that why it works. Of course there is also a huge support network, regular weighing and there is also that handing over money actually makes you do something. The consultants (speaking as one) are also bloody fabulous have had l o ads of training and are dedicated to helping you find solutions for your personal stoppages and eating problems but if you want to go it alone go for it lots of us don't (and can't)

mamapants Sun 16-Aug-15 18:59:00

People in work do it, and from listening to them it seems to involve making food with weird substituted ingredients and then eating chocolate.
So they'd make a shepherds pie without stock and we're making white sauce with creme freche and other randomness

tabulahrasa Sun 16-Aug-15 19:16:33

Yep...but it works for people (like me) who need the support to actually eat healthily rather than just plan to.

JuneMonsoon Sun 16-Aug-15 19:20:36

tabulahrasa Sun 16-Aug-15 19:41:26

I get the odd wee notion and try making weird cakes made from mostly egg and sweetener...which in fairness sometimes almost cut it as cakes.

But mostly I just eat what I consider to be pretty normal food but with more veg and less oil than I'd tend to use.

If you join a group rather than online, you get access to all the online stuff that you would online and a pack with everything explained fully and the consultant talks you through it...you don't have to go again if you can't commit to a meeting or it just isn't for you, but IMO it's worth having the pack and explanation.

PickleSarnie Sun 16-Aug-15 21:10:58

I agree the online site is crap compared to weight watchers. And I don't get the muller light thing either.

But I think it's healthier than WW because I used to save up my points for a bottle of wine in the evening instead of food.

WorktoLive Mon 17-Aug-15 12:38:03

Yes, SW is basically just healthy eating and limited amounts of fatty/sugary crap that makes us gain weight.

I've lost nearly a stone and never have muller lights or anything else with artificial sweeteners in except for the occasional diet tonic in gin.

The closest thing I've got to weird substitutes are pancakes made from oats, yogurt, eggs, vanilla essence and baking powder. I don't bother with the sweetener that the recipes call for and they're still nice.

JuneMonsoon Mon 17-Aug-15 19:25:28

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now