Talk

Advanced search

only on week one and already struggling not to pour a wine arghhh

(14 Posts)
What2do1984 Wed 12-Aug-15 19:49:53

im really trying to save some syns for friday night as have a party to go to. im.so used to having wine in the evenings im.finding this hard as ive had a long stressful day with 3 children confused

annielostit Wed 12-Aug-15 22:18:35

I feel your pain. Be strong.

CiderwithBuda Thu 13-Aug-15 15:24:27

Wine is my weakness too. I try and have lower alcohol white wine and have it as a very long spritzer with ice. Half a glass of wine per long glass. I still feel like I'm having a drink but drink far less. I find it very refreshing.

LaurieFairyCake Thu 13-Aug-15 15:27:38

105 Syns in the week is 4 bottles of wine (which is too much anyway grin) so cut out the nibbles or take Walkers French Fries with you and just drink the wine.

I drink a glass quite a few evenings a week - and I save my Babybel lights for the cheese to go with it every day

LaurieFairyCake Thu 13-Aug-15 15:29:24

When I whinged on in my first SW meeting to the leader about 'is there any wine on this diet' she said I could drink a bottle every 2 days and still lose weight (which is way more than I drink)

I heart her, she is very matter of fact and blunt

What2do1984 Thu 13-Aug-15 16:05:33

laurie is she for real ??

LaurieFairyCake Thu 13-Aug-15 16:06:59

Yep, a bottle is 24/30 Syns. You get 15 Syns a day so yes you could.

No one does though grin

FlopIsMyParentingGuru Thu 13-Aug-15 16:11:32

Oh I feel your pain but my issue is sugar. I've been on it six weeks and lost 1 stone 4 and up to last week thought I was doing brilliantly without sugar except for hifi bars.
And then yesterday happened and I are ALL THE SUGAR. I fell so ashamed of myself and frustrated. Trying to start afresh today but I woke up so angry with myself for being so stupid.

And the moral of the story is that it might be better to allow yourself a measured amount rather than absteining and risking going crazy later.

Squish123 Thu 13-Aug-15 17:22:14

Oh dear god I feel your pain! I only started following slimming world this week lol.

annielostit Thu 13-Aug-15 17:42:02

Well done flopis on giving up sugar & 18lb.
I'm not a chocolate monster and tend to have 1 mallow with a cuppa every evening with my dh. I've had 20 syns since Monday -12 for mallows & 8 other. I can't see that if I drank 3 bottles of wine at the weekend I'd lose weight, regardless of what sw promotes. Maybe it's because I only have about a stone excess to get rid of. I'm no skinny Minny, I only want to be 11 something.
I think I'll need to adopt the long drink that cider talked of. But then i d drink it fastergrin

What2do1984 Thu 13-Aug-15 17:46:11

flops I feel your pain ive just eaten about 12 syns worth of biscuits in one go ! im not a sweet person as a rule but since I started this on sunday ive been craving it badly. im going to have a drink tommorow or I will go mad lol

LucyLastik Thu 13-Aug-15 17:48:40

You can get a lower syn alcoholic wine called Summer Light in Sainsburys. Not sure what the sun values are per glass but it was in this month's SW magazine

CiderwithBuda Thu 13-Aug-15 23:31:11

the low alcohols one I get is called First Cape I think. I drink it much slower than straight wine for some reason.

Although have been out tonight and had two glasses of Sauvignon blanc and the shared two bottles of red with DH. blush

annielostit Fri 14-Aug-15 08:06:34

The low alcohol - light wines aren't to my taste, I find them sweet. It's like there's no wine in them.confused
Will have a nice pinot tonight with a lovely free bolognaise. Will keep hexb then I can indulge in some garlic bread.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now