Talk

Advanced search

syn free mash

(10 Posts)
stopthenoise Fri 17-Jul-15 21:33:54

I'm new to slimming world, joined a group yesterday. I love mashed potatoes and normally make mine with -lots of- butter blush Is there a syn free version of a creamy mash? I know if I made it my usual way I would have to syn the butter but thought there may be a just as tasty version syn free.

Buttwing Sat 18-Jul-15 22:06:37

I make mine with some of the milk from my healthy a choice. I've heard of other people using cheese triangles think the extra low ones are v low syn or as part of your healthy a. I don't eat cheese so haven't tried it. I sometimes mix it with cabbage or spring onion to make it a bit more interesting.
HTH smile

pepperhead Sun 19-Jul-15 19:58:46

An egg and salt makes lovely crazy free mash

pepperhead Sun 19-Jul-15 20:00:02

Creamy not crazy!

stopthenoise Sun 19-Jul-15 21:39:57

Thanks for the tips. I'll give them a go!

ChristmasZombie Sun 02-Aug-15 13:25:44

I use Dairylea triangles from HXA.

Perfectlypurple Sun 02-Aug-15 13:53:03

I haven't used them but you can get butter buds that apparently are good for mash. I think each sachet is 2 syns.

calzone Sun 02-Aug-15 22:15:38

I add chicken stock instead of butter and milk.

Tis delicious.

FlopIsMyParentingGuru Sun 02-Aug-15 22:24:38

Fromage frais makes surprisingly creamy mash and if you buy the right type can be syn free.

GlitterandSequins Sun 02-Aug-15 23:33:19

Butter buds aren't worth it from my experience, I use 100ml of veg/chicken stock made with 1 cube, of all the random combinations I've tried it's by far the creamiest smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now