Talk

Advanced search

Group or online?

(3 Posts)
JasperDamerel Mon 13-Jul-15 18:26:27

I'm quite keen on the idea of joining a real life group for accountability and support, but all the local meetings are at really inconvenient times, so I'm considering the online option. I'm interested in people's exoeriences of each. Do you find that going to a group is helpful, or is it just a nice extra?

Caly2014 Mon 13-Jul-15 18:32:41

I joined a group 5 weeks ago and have found it really motivating- as well as being able to chat to other members there is the shop and the consultant checks your diary for the first 4 weeks. I tried 2 different groups before finding the right fit of people for me. Good luck!

emmaluvseeyore Tue 14-Jul-15 10:04:53

I am generally quite busy (full time PhD student and lots of volunteering in the evenings), so can't make any of my local groups. I joined online just over 3 months ago and it is going ok. There are times where I think it would be better going to a group (e.g. when you have worked really hard and not lost much/anything), but I do think I am much better off using the time I would spend in a class doing some exercise instead.

I am lucky because I have my partner doing it with me so we can support each other.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now