Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else following slimming world while pregnant?

(6 Posts)
Mrsrsw Sun 12-Jul-15 20:09:38

I started in May and was doing really well, 12lbs down and I got my BFP which was sooner than I expected due to some problems identified earlier this year (joining slimming world and losing weight was part of the plan to make it easier to get pregnant!)

I'm wanting to keep on with it as I know I'm going to need to lose weight and eat healthily (BMI is 42 ����) so looking out for anyone else who's doing it too?

lugo40 Mon 13-Jul-15 10:09:53

i'm not yet, but also joined to make geting pregnant easier. My husband has some fertility issues so we may need ivf but i plan to continue slimming world while pregnant so i will be keen to hear how you find it.

Congratulations!

Withalittlesparkle Mon 13-Jul-15 10:16:45

I'd talk to your midwife, you shouldn't actively seek to lose weight while pregnant but there is support available to ensure you have a healthy pregnancy. I have a BMI of 28 and have been refered to a healthy pregnancy support service to ensure that I don't gain too much weight during the pregnancy

Mrsrsw Mon 13-Jul-15 18:08:50

Midwife app isn't until mid August so I'm kind of on my own with it at the mo, but I've been given the forms and info to take to the midwife to get it signed so I can still go

lugo40 Mon 13-Jul-15 18:34:58

Slimming world is the only diet that nhs supports while your pregnant and I believe you are just monitored closely to make surely you don't lose weight every week and it's not too much when you do. I'm no expert but that's what I have read

Withalittlesparkle Tue 14-Jul-15 07:48:50

How far along are you? It's difficult if you've not had your booking in yet. Also if it's still early days you need to have a plan about dealing with morning sickness

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now