Talk

Advanced search

First week weight loss

(6 Posts)
MrsPeggyPatch Thu 02-Jul-15 19:51:59

I joined slimming world a week ago after failing at weight watchers due to the constant weighing, counting and point watching. I'd ended up eating barely anything for lunch using my points for dinner. Then almost completely fell off the wagon for the last month and put on a stone.
I am enjoying slimming world, finding the plan ok but felt like I was eating more than ww although less crap as I'm able to put protein and carb with lunch so get less hungry. I've barely eaten any syns as I've not felt I needed to (4.5 one day and 11 another) and tried to concentrate on the 1/3 speed foods.
But my weight has fluctuated so much this week, by Monday I was 3lb down my Thursday starting weight, last night I was 1lb over and tonight at weigh I've lost 1lb. I feel a bit disappointed by only 1lb for the first week when I've heard others losing loads in their first week. Argh. Just a rant really as I am enjoying the plan. Any hints, tips or reassurance?

lugo40 Thu 02-Jul-15 20:33:03

well done on your loss, a pound of fat is a pound of fat, although i undestand we want it off as quick as possible and when you are trying so hard it can be disappointing.

I would just say keep going, sometimes our bodies take a while to wake up, especially if been dieting before the metabolism can take a while to start up. MY husband and friend are also doing slimming world with me and they both follow a pattern of half a pound one week 2 1/3 - 3 the next. So keep going and next week you may see a bigger result!
Other tip plan wise is to eat more syns. the weeks i have lost 3 - 3 1/2 are the weeks i have eaten over 10 syns a day.
Good luck!

MrsPeggyPatch Thu 02-Jul-15 22:26:18

Thanks Lugo that is reassuring. I'll keep at it and hope for next week. You're right-a loss is a loss! onwards and upwards. Thanks again.

emmaluvseeyore Mon 13-Jul-15 11:16:45

One thing I would add is to try and only weigh yourself at your regular weigh in time. Our weight fluctuates a lot during a week naturally, so you are just setting yourself up for a let down if you weigh at random times and on random days.

dancestomyowntune Mon 13-Jul-15 15:08:01

Last week (week 1) I lost 2.5lbs. Tonight is weigh in day for me and I am hoping for a bigger loss this week!

lighteningirl Mon 13-Jul-15 17:37:49

Have at least 5 syns a day yo get the best losses if you average 10 to 12 a day. Low syns slow your weight losses down

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now