Talk

Advanced search

Are there any blogs/groups that use 'proper food' to cook SW meals?

(11 Posts)
PlayingHouse Wed 24-Jun-15 18:20:02

I am a member of various fb SW groups and a lot of them - well all of them - use sweetners, low fat yoghurt/fromage frais or smash to make weird things that vaguely resemble the food I used to eat before I joined SW.

Are there any groups or blogs that just cook with normal ingredients.

I'm trying to avoid muller lights, sweetners etc, a ton of processed meat.

theconstantvacuumer Wed 24-Jun-15 18:30:34

I would be interested too as am hoping to return to SW shortly. There seems to be an over reliance on low fat yoghurt and not so naice hamhmm

RavioliOnToast Wed 24-Jun-15 19:15:21

she cooks she eats is fab grin

rubyflipper Wed 24-Jun-15 19:19:30

Two Chubby Cubs do a good SW blog that doesn't rely on Muller Lights and Scan Bran.

ConcreteElephant Wed 24-Jun-15 19:24:18

I can't bear the usual low fat yogurt, you're just swapping fat for sweetener - I'd rather have the fat! I do love 0% Total though - its delicious and great with sweet or savoury. The 2% is even nicer and worth the 2% ;)

I know what you mean about using proper food - I did that and was horribly put off by the SW alternatives - 'this week I made cheesecake with the scrapings from my budgie cage floor, a tin of spam and a muller light!' - erm, no thanks.

PlayingHouse Wed 24-Jun-15 21:22:04

Is the Total yoghurt different from the ones that use loads of sweetners? My DC will no doubt want to eat my yoghurt and I would rather they ate full fat than a load of added crap if that makes sense.

Will check the suggesed blogs - thank you thanks

ConcreteElephant Wed 24-Jun-15 21:31:14

Total yogurt is just milk and yogurt cultures - no added sugar at all or sweeteners (does contain naturally occurring lactose sugar - according to the label). It's Greek yogurt and somehow it's thick and creamy tasting rather than the 'milk' that fat-free yog usually is.

I have it with frozen berries or a bit of compote, fresh fruit... DC often have the full fat version.

Sounding a bit evangelical now but honestly it's lovely!

LakeFlyPie Thu 25-Jun-15 00:12:52

I like Slimming Eats site.
Also on the yogurt front the fat free plain Greek versions some of the supermarkets do is a preferable alternative to the slimey Muller shites IMO.

avocadotoast Thu 25-Jun-15 00:33:16

Someone at my work made that Smash pizza. Everyone was marvelling at it. What even is that all about? That's not pizza, it's a punishment.

emmaluvseeyore Thu 25-Jun-15 09:53:18

I like Slimming Eats and She Cooks She Eats. Very few recipes I have cooked from them involve yoghurt/fromage frais. From memory, I use it in curry and a little bit in chicken kievs.

I don't enjoy Muller Lights - when I have a yoghurt I have one I actually enjoy eating and then count the syns. That way I only eat one per week or something similar!

Midori1999 Thu 25-Jun-15 17:24:23

I'm not sure on blogs/sites, but fat free Greek yoghurt is lovely (ok, not as lovely as full fat) and has no sweeteners or junk in it. Danio yoghurts are low in syns (1-3 a pot) and are Greek yogurt with a fruit later underneath. They do contain sugar, but no sweetener and are nice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now